Profile analysis graph not matching up with individual point deviations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile analysis graph not matching up with individual point deviations

The profile is out of tolerance on this cutout. Measuring from the top or the bottom says the individual points are too low. The datum is the bottom surface.

I usually don't use the graphical analysis but I pulled it up and it looks like I should've said the points are too high.

When I pull up this graph though it looks like the points are too high. What am I doing wrong? PCDMIS Profile Graph.PNG

Do you have CAD for the part? Your profile looks like several manual hits. (not a uniform distance from each, vectors look funky) Is the surface a casting?
    Measuring from the top or the bottom says the individual points are too low.
    Do you mean you tried the profile reported first from the Datum and then from the top surface? (am confused)
    Would help to see the code. Also, it's good idea to include the Min/Max when reporting the profile.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• tnguyen
      Profile analysis
      by tnguyen
      Hi.
      I am using SP600 to scan profile around an inner gear. There are 0.05mm out fo specification. The Engineer want to know which point or area...
      11-06-2006, 06:14 PM
      To points
      by 12345
      Does anyone remember a "to points" box, that when checked converted hits of a circle to individual vector points. I remember something like...
      05-26-2011, 01:33 PM
    • cobjosh
      profile points
      by cobjosh
      hello everyone
      so I am trying to measure profile on the back side of the training block from hexagon ,
      so far i just took a bunch of points,...
      08-23-2020, 01:07 AM
    • d.evans
      surface profile part II
      by d.evans
      OK.
      I have gathered all the points necessary for this surface profile callout.
      I primarily used UV scans and the "To Points"...
      04-12-2006, 01:02 PM
    • hemirunner
      2012 SP3 Profile Graphical Analysis
      by hemirunner
      I don't know if anybody else has had this issue but I create autofeature analog scans and it is about a 50% chance that when I do a graphical analysis...
      10-09-2013, 07:45 AM
    Working...
    X