Mirror Program CAD error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Program CAD error

I have a program and once I mirror it the program mirrors properly but the CAD doesn't follow into the new program. It seems to only work sometimes. Am I doing something wrong to cause this?

Thanks in advance!

I have used the mirror function hundreds of time. Never had this issue. It was quite common to import a new CAD because the part may be a mirror but it will have 1 more / less features sometimes. The only thing I have ever had go wonky was a few clearplanes. I have never had an alignment of feature fail. If I mirrored a program that was proven and ran a 1000x, I would still treat it like a new program and double check my pathlines and collision detection without exception.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I have no issue with the actual program or anything just dint know why the CAD was having the issue. I usually just bring the CAD back in but sometimes that can get annoying.

Thanks again.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jignesh
        Mirror in operation.
        by Jignesh
        Could someone tell me steps how to use mirror and Axis in program. I did search and it seems mirrored feature means you want same feature layout other...
        03-18-2016, 11:03 PM
      • RClone
        mirror headache
        by RClone
        3.7 MR2 I spent the day messing with the mirror command to get the left hand part programmed from the right hand part program.
        The help file...
        11-09-2007, 03:59 PM
      • justinb1022
        Mirror
        by justinb1022
        I have a part programmed all but the dimensioning, and i need to mirror the program in the y axis. I have never done this befor, and i was looking for...
        01-26-2010, 10:51 AM
      • jaymunday
        Mirror parts
        by jaymunday
        At my last job we had a program that was mirrored. Does anyone know how to do that.
        02-29-2012, 04:19 PM
      • RussL
        Mirror/Alignment Problem
        by RussL
        V3.7 MR2 - Windows XP - Catia V5 DCI
        As Shown Program: Cad X+ = Mach Z-, Cad Y+ = Mach X+ and Cad Z+ = Mach Y-
        Manual iterative align to...
        04-06-2006, 08:14 AM
      Working...
      X