Move Points in an Auto Circle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Points in an Auto Circle?

I wrote a program from CAD, which included a fixture but the clamps were not in the model. The clamps are in the way of my auto circle, which are also Datum -B-. Is there a way to incorporate move points into an auto circle?

Yes. Do avoidance moves and PCD will "see" those clamps and put in move points accordingly.
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

• Darrollh
      Darrollh commented
      Editing a comment
      Being that the clamps aren't in the model that you are programming, still do the avoidance moves you can adjust the move points as you need to or for the safest bet, manually input you move points. You can also use Clearplanes or Clearance Cube.

• Darrollh
      Darrollh commented
      Editing a comment
      One more thing...… Whenever I program from CAD, I will fixture the part myself so that I won't have that issue. That's my 3 cents worth! LOL

I think you are asking if you can insert move points inside auto feature? Yes, you can. Are you using certified checking or holding fixture for this part? If so than align to fixture.

Comment

I need the move points to be in between the hits of the auto circle though..hit1, hit2, hit3, avoid clamp,hit4 and so on. .. I'm getting the clamps added to the model though

Comment

Originally posted by qualineer View Post
        I wrote a program from CAD, which included a fixture but the clamps were not in the model. The clamps are in the way of my auto circle, which are also Datum -B-. Is there a way to incorporate move points into an auto circle?
        Short Answer: Yes.

Best Practice Answer: Not ideal due to the moves being hidden from view and therefore much harder to maintain and edit. Better to have a slightly longer program of point features, movepoints, and a constructed circle that is plainly obvious to anyone editing it what is going on, as well as easy to edit.

Comment

If you really want moves between hits create auto circle, change "Show hits" to YES and insert moves where you need them. Just make sure you know which hit is which so your move points are in the right place.

Comment

• InspectorJester
            InspectorJester commented
            Editing a comment
            This is how I would solve the problem. As long as the fixture doesn't move, you shouldn't have a problem

• qualineer
            qualineer commented
            Editing a comment
            I just smacked my forehead and said DUH!!!, what a brain fart moment.. Thank You!

• InspectorJester
            InspectorJester commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't worry! It is not obvious that you can add move points into an auto feature; it took me a long time to figure that one out!