PCDMIS to CSV File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCDMIS to CSV File

There are a ton of threads regarding PCDMIS to a CSV/Excel file. Most of them are for older versions of PCDMIS.

We are trying to get this to work with 2019 r1. Our goal is to get our PCDMIS data into a single CSV file for all of our part types for each run.

The PCDMIS to Excel option is VERY clunky and not real great for multiple parts of the same part type.

Anybody have a solution we could try??

Thanks

In 2019 there's a module called excelform. That might help you. I use it quite a bit .
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

• InspectorJester
      InspectorJester commented
      Editing a comment
      excelform? Interesting. Does this make it easier to output/format Excel as well?
      EDIT:
      I agree, PCD to Excel is clunky, so we have stayed away from it; if excelform makes it easier, well that alone might make it worth the update

I'm not sure but it creates a spreadsheet in 9102 format or basic format. All you have to do is populate using Tracefields or do it manually.
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

Originally posted by Darrollh View Post
      I'm not sure but it creates a spreadsheet in 9102 format or basic format. All you have to do is populate using Tracefields or do it manually.
      Do you have any code to help out with?? This may work, just trying to get the input from the tracefields to work.

Comment

Don't need to do additional coding. Just click on the module and it should open for you. Once you've opened and configured it the way you want, it place code into the edit window for you. Make sure you do this at the end of the program so that all of your dimensions will populate .
        Darroll
        2018R2

Comment

Originally posted by Darrollh View Post
          Don't need to do additional coding. Just click on the module and it should open for you. Once you've opened and configured it the way you want, it place code into the edit window for you. Make sure you do this at the end of the program so that all of your dimensions will populate .
          We have custom variables, (Serial Number, CNC #. etc, etc.) What about appending? So that multiple runs will populate a single page?

Thanks for the help, I think this is what we need.

Comment

• Darrollh
            Darrollh commented
            Editing a comment
            I basically just use the Tracefields. As for appending, you can set up te date and time format and send it to a folder of your choice and it will send it there. PC-D won't overwrite.

the new 2019 excel thing is nice really easy to set up and make it look super sweet but its one file one part so i got an excel macro that runs from a blank sheet and grabs what ever cells you want from each file and puts them all in one file it would be nice if pcdmis did this by its self but ithe macro i got is pretty easy too

Comment

• Darrollh
            Darrollh commented
            Editing a comment
            Really. Not trying to be a biter (80s lingo) but can you share or show us how to do that with 2019? one of the main reasons I switched to 2019 was the excel module. Like the other guy said, PCD2EXCEL is NOT user friendly!

Originally posted by thomas pilc View Post
          the new 2019 excel thing is nice really easy to set up and make it look super sweet but its one file one part so i got an excel macro that runs from a blank sheet and grabs what ever cells you want from each file and puts them all in one file it would be nice if pcdmis did this by its self but ithe macro i got is pretty easy too
          Would you be willing to share this macro?? Sounds like it's what we need.

Comment

Keep in mind that PC-DMIS's developers may be writing awesome ways to export your current measured part data to Excel, but they will not cross the line of collecting results from multiple parts - for that is a task that falls under the responsibility of SPC software, not measurement machine software.

Comment

• Darrollh
              Darrollh commented
              Editing a comment
              Something like Q-DAS?

• InspectorJester
              InspectorJester commented
              Editing a comment
              Well said Ego Murphy

• AndersI
              AndersI commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually that's not quite true. The new Excel Form Export includes an example of a five part protocol...

now for this scrip to work the way you are going to want you have to use a excel template that your features go left to right and the measurements are all in one row

Sub simpleXlsMerger()
            Dim bookList As Workbook
            Dim mergeObj As Object, dirObj As Object, filesObj As Object, everyObj As Object
            Application.ScreenUpdating = False
            Set mergeObj = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

'change folder path of excel files here
            Set dirObj = mergeObj.Getfolder("C:\Users\qc2\Desktop\test")
            Set filesObj = dirObj.Files
            For Each everyObj In filesObj
            Set bookList = Workbooks.Open(everyObj)

'change "A2" with cell reference of start point for every files here
            'for example "B3:IV" to merge all files start from columns B and rows 3
            'If you're files using more than IV column, change it to the latest column
            'Also change "A" column on "A65536" to the same column as start point
            Range("A5:IV" & Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row).Copy
            ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Activate

'Do not change the following column. It's not the same column as above
            Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial
            Application.CutCopyMode = False
            bookList.Close
            Next
            End Sub

so open up excel go to developer tab and click vb and then double click on the workbook at the left side and a window will pop up past the the scripted in , now i did not make this scrip its something i found online not sure where i found it though

Comment

test2222.png

Comment

Hiya Folks
                Trying to get Excel Template Form (Five part study ) to work in a loop. Works fine if you just run the programme 5 times but will only output the first result if the Form command is within the loop or the final result if outside.
                The help documentation is a bit thin.
                Thoughts and ideas gratefully accepted - Hexagon are looking at it , will post their reply when received.

Comment

here is a link that might be useful in your endeavor:
                  https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...-to-a-csv-file

Comment