Probe Build Issue 2018 R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Build Issue 2018 R1

Having somewhat of a problem here with calibrating a new probe file. This is the first build I've done since we upgraded to 2018. Have tried several different approaches including a custom build with the probe builder utility. Everything seems well except when I calibrate it the cmm goes through all the motions: does the complete scan as required on a new build, finds the sphere, etc, but does not report out a measured value when done. The tips continue to have the asterisk in front of each angle and the end of the string says unknown. I've tried in programmer mode, operator mode, stand alone mode, calling the probe within a program, etc., nothing works?? Any ideas?,. did they change something in this release that I'm just not grasping? Would post some screen shots of what I'm seeing in the probe dialogue window but the forum tells me that I have exceeded my upload limits and it won't let me. I have asked the admins to let me delete old graphics but I think they're all on vacation or something.

Did you try to calibrate it once as a ttp (5 hits) ?

Comment

• Jim Poehler
      Jim Poehler commented
      Editing a comment
      Jefman,
      Its a SP25 M so it will calibrate first with 5 touch hits and then follow up with its lengthy sans across the hemisphere on a number of directions. It does all that but doesn't register a calibrated deviation, just follows up with unknown when it is done with the angle. I cant use partial (TTP) hits until it has first been fully calibrated..

• JEFMAN
      JEFMAN commented
      Editing a comment
      Jim Poehler : sorry Jim, I don't know about SP25...

• Jim Poehler
      Jim Poehler commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for trying, it is much appreciated.

Can you try to edit the probe, then copy paste into the USRPROBE.DAT ?
    Last week, i created this "probe" to write on a part, and it works fine :
    rotring.JPG

Comment

• Jim Poehler
      Jim Poehler commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure how to do that but I will give it a shot tomorrow. Time to go home for the day here. A demain.

Did IT changed something? Do you still have write access to the PCDMIS folders?

Comment

• AndersI
      AndersI commented
      Editing a comment
      Could also be the rights in the Registry, \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Hexagon\P C-DMIS\2018 R1 (in my 64 bit Windows)