New Alignment and New Moves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Alignment and New Moves.

Hello and thanks in advance. I recently moved my 3R chuck, but when I realigned to it I had to move all my points and all my moves in my program. I thought once I realigned the part everything else would move with it. Am I missing a step (or steps) or will I have to do this every time an alignment changes?

You shouldn't have to if your initial alignment controls the location of the X, Y, & Z axes. Can you give us your manual alignment feature(s) and alignment code?
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

The alignment code is attached. The manual alignment started from a recalled 3R alignment.
      Attached Files

Comment

pro tip: you can just copy-and-paste the code into this forum. Type [c o d e] before it and [/c o d e] after it (without spaces) and it will look like this:

Code:
        If PC-DMIS IsRunning Then
        crash
        End If
        Also I can't tell what's wrong with your program from that snippet. It looks like an Iterative alignment to 5 auto vector points, with some really wacky constructed features whose purpose is unknown.

Comment

If I'm reading this correctly, you had a working program (with clean nominals) and everything was fine. You then made a substantial change to the location of the first alignment and your nominals for everything after changed.
          Do the changed nominals look like the original location but in the new alignment?
          If so, are there variables or expressions in the nominals of your alignment features for the first alignment?

Comment

Hi Griffin, I'm not sure of the answer to your questions. What happened was I moved my 3R chuck. When I placed it back in a slightly different location, I ran the 3R alignment program I have, saved it and then recalled that alignment in my existing program. The iterative alignment ran fine and the part was found, but everything after that didn't align. I'm not sure if it was supposed to or not. If so, I'm not sure what step or steps I missed. Thanks.

Comment

Maybe change the Recall from USE_PART_SETUP to your 3R alignment?

Comment

Your alignment is using PNT_X3 which is not in your program, you have twice PNT_Z1?

Comment

Thanks.

Comment