Version Manipulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version Manipulation

Good morning. We are currenting running PCDMIS 2017 R2 and this question arose as one of our sister divisions needs us to quick write a program for them. Can I, with 2017, change the offline programming version of my software say to program to a lower version like 2013 or 2015 (not sure what they are running but it's not 2017) so they can use the program I create without a version upgrade? We are all going to 2019 "shortly" (yeah we know how fast those corporate wheels turn) but for now they are in a jam at a lower version. The only alternative would to be to travel there and program it on their equipment. Thanks.
    Physics dictates to man why his world acts the way it does....Chemistry tells him why it smells the way it does.

You can back save to an version you need to.
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

write it in your version, then SAVE-AS and select a lower version in one of the drop-down in the SAVE-AS window
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

As others have said above you can back save to an earlier version.

You are also able to download and install any version prior to what you're entitled to, and write in in that version to be sure it works properly (back saving can occasionally cause issues) but probably more trouble than it's worth.

If you've got CAD++ check they're on the same level, else some features might not work properly (advanced scans and several auto features).

Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

• AndersI
        AndersI commented
        Editing a comment
        At least with DEMO licenses, you can 'downgrade' your CAD++ to CAD or PRO by giving a command line argument -c (or -p) in the shortcut.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I could create new programs in 2017 and then back save. I have upgraded old programs and been asked if I'd like to save to an older version but I was assuming that was because the original was written at that lower level. Thanks again.
      Physics dictates to man why his world acts the way it does....Chemistry tells him why it smells the way it does.

Comment