X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing

Good afternoon,
    Capture15.PNG
    Does anyone have the drawing for the hexagon demo block? See pic. Thank you in advance!
    Darroll
    2018R2

Why?

If you're training someone, better to train them on real parts that they are going to see.
    #1 complaint on this forum: "I just got back from training and that block didn't prepare me at all for the parts at my job."

Comment

Originally posted by Ego Murphy View Post
      Why?
      Many answers here :
      - Because he works on parts looking like this
      - Because he wants to know the GD&T level of the manufacturer
      - Because he wants to learn a little more on programming vs design
      - Because he likes short answers which doesn't help anymore...

But maybe he doesn't like that I answer for him... It's just the second time that he asks about it, with no answers the first time.

Maybe someone at Hexagon could help ?
      I saw that you can buy the artifact, is there the print with ?

Comment

Sorry guys .I program off-line. So in my downtime, I practice different techniques. Thanks everyone. Again sorry .
        Darroll
        2018R2

Comment

• acgarcia
          acgarcia commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that the big block or small block? I think I have prints for both. I had a friend 3D print the small block for me so I can practice as well.

Originally posted by Darrollh View Post
        Sorry guys .I program off-line. So in my downtime, I practice different techniques. Thanks everyone. Again sorry .
        No apology necessary.

I would honestly make up your own print with a bunch of difficult dimensions like convoluted GD&T, super tight tolerances, and some Simultaneous Requirements to challenge yourself.

Then buy a real one from Hexagon (only $600 what a deal, amirite?) and see how well your offline creation runs in real life.

Comment

• Darrollh
          Darrollh commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a good idea!