Flipping the X and Y to match print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flipping the X and Y to match print

Hello, I have a very big print with at least 100 dimensions being called out on it, now the problem i'm having is that after i imported the cad in and match my part set up to the cad, the xy are switched on the print on pcdmis y forward and back and x is side to side, and on the print its y side to side and x forward and back. How do i get pcdmis to match the print and the cad stay the same. I would really hate to go through every dimension and switch xy on the print. I hope i explain this well enough. Any help would be great

When you set up your manual/DCC alignment, set it up so that it matches the print. That way when you do your reporting, everything will match. I hope this helps you.
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

• MelissaM10
      MelissaM10 commented
      Editing a comment
      If i set up a manual alignment to match the print it flips the cad sideways.

• Darrollh
      Darrollh commented
      Editing a comment
      The easiest way to do this is the way Andersi mentioned.

Rotate your coordinate system 90 degrees?
    AndersI
    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• Mike Ruff
      Mike Ruff commented
      Editing a comment
      +1. This will probably be the easiest way. Just insert an alignment right before the dimensions and rotate +90° (or -90° depending on the direction you want) about Z. You won't have to change anything with your setup

• AndersI
      AndersI commented
      Editing a comment
      But save an extra copy of the program first, in case you happen to answer the "Alignment has changed" question wrong...

• MelissaM10
      MelissaM10 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will try this next thank you!

Just some extra information: It is impossible to just 'flip' X and Y, as that would produce a left-handed coordinate system and PC-DMIS only does right-handed. This means that when you rotate XPLUS to become YPLUS, the rotated old YPLUS will point in the old XMINUS direction.
    AndersI
    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Do you have a completely written program or are you starting to write the program? If you are just starting to write the program then I would (and do) transform the CAD to match how it is going to sit on the CMM.
      Last edited by A-machine-insp; 03-22-2019, 11:08 AM. Reason: I meant transform, not translate.
      "Do what I want you to do, not what I tell you to do."

-Me

Comment

Transform the cad model by rotating it until your XYZ are where you want.

Comment

• Mike Ruff
          Mike Ruff commented
          Editing a comment
          If the program is already written, you will need to rotate the whole program as well so it still lines up with the CAD. And if there are different angles used, those will also need to be changed to correlate with the new setup