Looping a program that has a non uniform pattern

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looping a program that has a non uniform pattern

Have a manifold that has 8 cavities we need to measure. Four of them are on the row but are not equally spaced, the second row they are staggered. How would I go about writing a program for the first cavity and then looping/offsetting it for the remaining cavities? Thanks in advance

Look into doing a Do/Until command. This way you can create offsets to what your fixture holds.

https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...pping-stations

Comment

I was thinking about something like this, but I believe there's a more simple way, using an array of offsets.
      In this example, I assume that the rows are along X.

Manual alignment on part 1
      save align 1
      ASSIGN/V1=1
      ASSIGN/OFFSET_1=(0,15,25,32,10,25,35,42)
      DO/
      IF/V1<5
      ASSIGN/YY=0
      END IF
      ELSE/
      ASSIGN/YY=36
      END ELSE
      recall align 1 with X origin offset of OFFSET_1[V1] and Y origin offset of YY
      DCC alignment
      your prog of part 1
      ASSIGN/V1=V1+1
      UNTIL/V1==9

Comment

The way I recommend using for looping programs anyway.

Use pre-programmed external alignments then recall for each location.

Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

If the initial routine isn't tremendously long I have used Paste with Pattern do the offsets individually of course. Im fairly lazy so this seemed to be the best way at times, keeping my calorie count in mind!
          Hold my beer......what can possibly go wrong!!!

Comment

I read an external file into an array of offsets.

I made an external program in vb.net to let the operator select where the parts loaded, so they don't have to run them all or even in order based on table space not being available.

If I didn't have external program, I'd vote for stored external alignments as the easiest. Maybe hard coded offsets in an array, since it is easier to edit, if you are going to have to edit much.

Comment