Mass delete crash 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass delete crash 2019

I'm having an issue where when I go to delete the entire program ,except the alignments, DMIS either does nothing or crashes. All I'm doing is highlighting everything after the alignment and hitting delete. This particular time, it did nothing at all so I went and highlighted the first 6 features and the dimensions right below them (6 drift points and x, y, and z location dimensions for each), hit delete, it started deleting them, then crash. This did not start happening till 2019. I have highlighted and deleted everything except the alignments in 2018 R1 with no issues but 2019 is crashing on me and it is happening on the other 3 machines running 2019.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this or what I might be doing wrong?

Maybe something in your program is corrupted. Otherwise, try shelling your program. Copy your code up to where you want to delete, open a new blank program, paste the code on the new program, save it.

Comment

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      It has done it on every program we have needed to do this on. I think shelling it is going to be the answer.

Originally posted by A-machine-insp View Post
    I'm having an issue where when I go to delete the entire program ,except the alignments, DMIS either does nothing or crashes. All I'm doing is highlighting everything after the alignment and hitting delete. This particular time, it did nothing at all so I went and highlighted the first 6 features and the dimensions right below them (6 drift points and x, y, and z location dimensions for each), hit delete, it started deleting them, then crash. This did not start happening till 2019. I have highlighted and deleted everything except the alignments in 2018 R1 with no issues but 2019 is crashing on me and it is happening on the other 3 machines running 2019.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this or what I might be doing wrong?
    How much code are you deleting?

Comment

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually a couple hundred points. We have parts that come in with tooling tabs on them so when they come in with them removed, we only have to check the areas where the tabs were at. I did a program last year that I had to delete almost 3000 points and 2018 R1 did it no problem but 2019 doesn't like deleting 20 points at a time.

I just shelled the program I am working on now and, while it's not as fast as deleting, it is faster than starting from scratch.

Send the prg to tech support describing when you are doing. As long as it can be repeated a fix could be made.

Comment

I have also some problems when I want deleting az lot of lines (it doesn't crash, but it doesn't delete anymore !).
      In this case, I select all what I want deleting, create a group, and delete the group, it works well.

Comment

• dph51
        dph51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good tip and happy Friday.

• A-machine-insp
        A-machine-insp commented
        Editing a comment
        Just tried this and it crashes as well.

• JEFMAN
        JEFMAN commented
        Editing a comment
        Even if you select SHOW PARAMS /NO ?

Does it work to mark and hit backspace i do this 2019 and it does not crash

Comment

• A-machine-insp
        A-machine-insp commented
        Editing a comment
        Just tried this too and it also crashes on me as well.

Is the behaviour the same on older programs and programs completely created with 2019?
      AndersI
      SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• A-machine-insp
        A-machine-insp commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I have programs that are in 2018 R1 format as well as 2019 R1 format and they all do it.

I commented my results on each idea that I tried from this post. The only thing that has worked so far is opening my new program template, saving it with the program name I want, copying the alignment features and alignments, and pasting them into the new program. I thought the CAD would be difficult since we transform almost every CAD model and put things on different CAD levels but I just import the CAD file DMIS makes when the first program was created. It is already transformed correctly and split on the levels as it was in the original program.

Just FYI, I looked into the program more so I had the number of features correct. 1600 points, 8 circles, 2 constructed cylinders, and a hand full of constructed planes and points.

Comment

What measuring equipment do you have (probe type, for example)?

I work exclusively offline, and do similar things almost every day - open my base test program, mark everything after the alignment and datum definitions and delete it, add a couple of features and dimensions (to test a new problem reported by a customer), run it offline, change it, save it, and so on. The loop repeats each time I begin studying a new problem. I have not noted any such crashes.

AndersI
        SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• A-machine-insp
          A-machine-insp commented
          Editing a comment
          B&S Global Advantage, Renishaw PH10MQ, SP25M with a TM25-20 and a TP20. Usually running a 2mm x 80mm probe.

2019 R1 here, not experiencing this either.
        PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1

Comment

Highlighting and using backspace is working for me now. The crashing has stopped.

Comment

Although you've found a workaround, and although not everyone can repeat it, I am still interested in understanding and resolving this issue. If you can send me some files to try (PRG, PRB, maybe CAD) I will be glad to investigate it and see if we can resolve it if not already done.

Comment

• A-machine-insp
              A-machine-insp commented
              Editing a comment
              I always send the crash reports but I didn't input my email. I have the entitlement ID if that helps.

• Don Ruggieri
              Don Ruggieri commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, the entitlement ID should help me do some research on it. You can PM or e-mail it to me at Don.Ruggieri@Hexagon.com

• A-machine-insp
              A-machine-insp commented
              Editing a comment
              Just sent the entitlement ID Don. Emailed it.
              Last edited by A-machine-insp; Yesterday, 01:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to add how I messaged it... It's friday.