DXF file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXF file

I have never work with DXF file. Could someone can explain me few beginning steps to program with DXF file? I am running PC-DMIS 2017.1.

We have DXF files in-house as well. If I can't get an actual 3D model, I am told to use a DXF, but I haven't come across this situation yet.
    I am also curious on how one would program with DXF.

Comment

A DXF is a 2D model (sketch). If you click on an edge with an Auto Feature, it should give you the CAD data. You will then need to adjust depths and other items. You just don't have surfaces to click on for 3D features like planes or cylinders.

Comment

So points, lines, 2D circles and 2D widths are point and click as normal, but you'll have to do some magic to make 3D features (such as click for a circle, then just make it a cylinder.)

Seems fairly straightforward, actually, albeit rather difficult to see the features are in the correct spot just by looking

Comment

Thanks bfire85. That help me to start with. Appreciated.

Comment

• Schlag
            Schlag commented
            Editing a comment
            If you have a .DXF there is a CAD out there somewhere. Ask for it and make your life easier. Someone just doesn't want to ask.

• InspectorJester
            InspectorJester commented
            Editing a comment
            That's typically my problem as well...

Yeah, 3D features require a bit more spacial thinking. I don't program off a DXF very often, but have in the past.

Comment