Creating a CMM operation only interface help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a CMM operation only interface help

So I have a couple programs running since the company has bought the new ccm. I would like to setup an operator only interface with pcdmis separate from the programming interface. I have created marked sets for alignment and running of product. How do I lock out the cmm operator from the programming interface?

Depending on the version you are working with you should have the option of running pc-dmis in operator only mode.
    Some versions also have what is called protected mode which requires a password to access the edit information.
    Last edited by Jim Poehler; 03-12-2019, 08:14 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Protected mode has some bizarre " quirks". I think you can make changes they just will not "save " ? I had issues when I jumped into it with the fact that it doesn't "save" a new alignment after the program is closed. Weird stuff like that. I would get setup in operator mode. It only gets harder down the road when you more programs you have.

Comment

I use protected mode. As Schlag said, it doesn't save anything! Even external alignments. With operator mode, you can File - Close, and it will save your data, at least. However, I experienced random programs getting corrupted for some reason. So I use Protected Mode. They do have Inspect now, which you could look into .

Comment

I'm running PC Dmis CAD++ 2018R2. Company just bought a new global S and we pitched the Cordax 1808. So I have to re-setup all the programs and probe files. Got a new computer as well.

Comment

In operator mode using marked sets you can F5 and in general area you will need to check mark, (Lock marked sets) so they do not get changed.
            Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

I am currently running 2018R1 as well and with that you do have the option of Operator Mode or Inspect, both of which will prevent unwanted editing of programs by an operator only type of person.

Comment

Originally posted by SI_GUY_29 View Post
                So I have a couple programs running since the company has bought the new ccm. I would like to setup an operator only interface with pcdmis separate from the programming interface. I have created marked sets for alignment and running of product. How do I lock out the cmm operator from the programming interface?
                Use INSPECT 3.2. I heard that INSPECT 4 should be release early this year.

Comment

I added marked sets to about 500+ programs a few years ago and moved to 100% operator mode. Best thing I have done for the company and the inspection dept. To be 100% honest, the operators love it. There isn't the fear of being where you don't belong and its way simpler for them. This was a huge move forward for us. Don't regret a thing.

Comment

Do you have any programming experience in C# or VB.NET? I have used Microsoft Visual Studio Blend along with the PC-DMIS interop/object library to create a basic WPF interface that runs PC-DMIS quietly, lets the operator open a program, run the program, and autoprints the results. They still get the same native PC-DMIS comments/inputs and there is an additional programmer option that lets PC-DMIS to become visible/interactive upon password input.

Comment

Hi,
                      I am fairly new to this forum, I was curious to know if protected mode is a default functionality with PC-DMIS 2019R1. Are there any additional costs associated to upgrade to be able to use this feature We are currently on PC-DMIS 2018 R5 with SMA expiring end of this year.

Comment

• Schlag
                        Schlag commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Its all part of it. No upgrade needed. START A NEW POST WITH QUESTIONS LIKE THIS.

Originally posted by Schlag
                      Its all part of it. No upgrade needed. START A NEW POST WITH QUESTIONS LIKE THIS.
                      Sure thing, thanks for the information. Apologies for hijacking the post.

Comment