Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Marked Sets.

Good afternoon everyone,
    I have finished a program for FAI. Now I have a few CTQs that we inspect all the time. I want to use Marked sets to mark the features and run them. I have never used marked sets so can someone please help me with the basics of it? Thank you!
    Darroll
    2018R2

Give it the old, CLEAR MARKED AND MARK ALL, then go thru the program and UNMARK everything you do not want checked in this specific " marked set ". Then create marked set. This will save the current "configuration" or what ever you want to call it. Depending on if you use operator mode and other factors you could end up with a few different sets. If this was my program I would have 3 sets. My main program with the manual alignment and 100% of program, then same thing without the manual alignment, and then the CTF. You could make a CTF "set" with the manual alignment and without as well. Look up the HELP file it should make it a little clearer.

Comment

I use flow controls for this. Add a yes/no comment input or a input comment at beginning of routine, asking operator if they wish to run FAI or CTQ. Then you can create an IF_GOTO before each area you need to skip. IF_GOTO=C1.input=="YES",GOTO=SKIPFAI_1
      Then add a LABEL command where the routine should pick back up, name label "SAKIPFAI_1" Repeat for all other skipped areas with sequential numbering for each unique label name.

If comment C1 is "YES" to prompt: "Is this CTQ RUN? Click NO for FAIR", Routine will skip all the FAIR only dim's.

Comment

• Darrollh
        Darrollh commented
        Editing a comment
        NVM. I see the post now.

• dwade
        dwade commented
        Editing a comment
        I use flow control anytime I need to check multiple ops with one program. Works pretty good providing the part can be setup on the CMM the same way (orientation and fixturing)

• Schlag
        Schlag commented
        Editing a comment
        They are pretty rock solid in OPERATOR MODE. and there is a " LOCK MARKED SETS" option to really safeguard something once you are happy with it. Depending on the amount of features and where they are in the program, couldnt you end up with an absolute crazy amount of coding to accomplish this ?

There is something else in the newest versions, supposed to be better than marked sets, but I THINK you have to use it with clearance cube turned on.

I was never a fan of marked sets. Best to put "short routine A" at the beginning of the program, "medium routine B" directly after, and "long routine C" at the end and use flow control.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• mckenzie
        mckenzie commented
        Editing a comment
        It was covered in class when i took it several years ago. but not having the moves show up in the program and having to trust the software blindly? not so much for me

• Darrollh
        Darrollh commented
        Editing a comment
        Come on Luke! Trust the FORCE! Come on to the Dark Side!

• mckenzie
        mckenzie commented
        Editing a comment
        Darrollh well... you do have cookies

And clearance cube is useless depending on what you need to inspect. It is useless for automotive sheet metal, unless you are intentionally trying to make the program take 10, 20, 30 times longer to run than it should.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        And clearance cube is useless depending on what you need to inspect. It is useless for automotive sheet metal, unless you are intentionally trying to make the program take 10, 20, 30 times longer to run than it should.
        I will admit that running the cube causes the program to run a bit longer. I haven't run into a time issue yet. But when I do, I will go back to clear planes .
        Darroll
        2018R2

Comment

• Schlag
          Schlag commented
          Editing a comment
          Good ol clear planes.... That and avoidance moves 99% of the time.

I know I am a bit off the subject but with CC, you can turn on and off the faces you want, dictate where it comes out the envelope and how far and keep the probe in the envelope when probing multiple features. When I turn off a feature, I will put in clearance moves and adjust if needed until I move to where I need to turn on a feature. Love it!!! LOL
        Darroll
        2018R2

Comment

• Schlag
          Schlag commented
          Editing a comment
          So then it sounds like clear planes. So whats the advantage ?

• Darrollh
          Darrollh commented
          Editing a comment
          The only advantage is that it makes for a cleaner program. The disadvantage is that it might run longer depending on the part. But you're right, CC acts a lot like Clear Planes.

• Schlag
          Schlag commented
          Editing a comment
          My OCD isn't bothered by additional clear plane commands and definitions. I'm golden on clear planes!

If the program is written using the clearance cube, then you can utilise the MiniRoutines feature instead of marked sets. It can even be used 'live' - you just mark a few dimensions and then execute the program from the MiniRoutines dialog. Only the necessary features are measured, and as you're using the cube [in theory] all movements should be OK.

You can also do it completely by code (no Marked Sets, no MiniRoutines, no FBM) with flow control commands. The easiest way to prepare a program for such use is to isolate "black boxes of code" where the machine state (probe, tip/angle, dcc mode, current XYZ position) is the same before the "black box" as at the end of it. In this way, there's no problem to either run the "black box" or skip it.
        AndersI
        SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Thank you for all of the input. I have found that the Marked sets without the use Flow Control works best for us. I am the main programmer and program mostly off line. I have a programmer on 2nd and 3rd but they are pretty new at this. So I want to keep things as simple as possible because they are the ones that will end up setting up/proving out the programs.
          Darroll
          2018R2

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X