Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building & Calibrating L-shaped Probe at A0B180 or A0B0 Orientation

Hi Everyone,
    I have a question. I need to build L-shaped probe at the angle A0B0 or A0B180 (essentially the ruby points at the operator/programmer or to the back of CMM). Never done it before. Does anyone have suggestion how to build it from all the probe options in probe utilities window, orient it at exactly 90 degrees to X-axis & successfully calibrating it? Probe head is Renishaw PH10T & probe module is TP20.
    Thanks!
    Untitled 1.gif
    Untitled 2.gif
    Last edited by MattR; 02-24-2019, 12:33 AM.

build the probe in the probe dialog window. Looks like u have it on a knuckle? Line it up as best as u can. You’ll have to tell pcdmis how the knuckle is oriented as the physical probe is oriented. Yes calibrate A0B0 and A0B180. If u cal ur master probe first (YES manual or YES DCC) and this knuckled probe is built and defined correctly, it should calibration in Dcc just fine.

Comment

• MattR
      MattR commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not a knuckle. But which probe in the utilities window do I pick? Or should I fool Pc.Dmis & tell it's a knuckle? If I do how do I tell Pc.Dmis probe orientation?

You should be able to use "EXTEN5WAY" and put the stylus in Empty Connection #5.
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Z- probe points will not be super repeatable with that setup, just an FYI. You would need a 6-way probe module for that setup to accurately work for hits in z-.

Comment

Originally posted by louisd View Post
        Z- probe points will not be super repeatable with that setup, just an FYI. You would need a 6-way probe module for that setup to accurately work for hits in z-.
        While that's technically correct, as long as that probe is it could be OK. It will just kick to the side when probing. A short stylus like 20mm or less will give a lot more problems in the Z- direction.
        It would probably be a good idea to use a black standard module instead of a gray medium force module. That way it will trigger quicker.
        PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Schrocknroll View Post

While that's technically correct, as long as that probe is it could be OK. It will just kick to the side when probing. A short stylus like 20mm or less will give a lot more problems in the Z- direction.
          It would probably be a good idea to use a black standard module instead of a gray medium force module. That way it will trigger quicker.
          putting some kind of a straight extension between the module and knuckle will help as well.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment