Restart programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restart programme

During a programme,if the point you are measuring is out of position to the extent that you need to adjust the TARGET X,Y or Z to enable the part to be measured,why do you then have to go back to the start of the programme because if you do a partial execution you only recieve the data from that point onwards.is there away of adjusting the target or proceding without changing the target to allow you to aquired all the data from the programme.
    It's only a mistake if somebody else finds it!

Import to excel that gives all results want them or not
    sigpic
    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jeffers View Post
      During a programme,if the point you are measuring is out of position to the extent that you need to adjust the TARGET X,Y or Z to enable the part to be measured,why do you then have to go back to the start of the programme because if you do a partial execution you only recieve the data from that point onwards.is there away of adjusting the target or proceding without changing the target to allow you to aquired all the data from the programme.
      Here is a way around that:

When you get the error, stopping the machine because the feature is too far away from nominal, simply hit ALT-X to go into manual mode and manually measure the feature (Probably a hole or a slot, right?). When you are done taking all the hits, Pcdmis will then prompt you if you want to update the targets with the actuals, tell it YES, then it will sit and wait for you to hit ALT-Z and it will go back into DCC mode and continue the program.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post

When you get the error, stopping the machine because the feature is too far away from nominal, simply hit ALT-X to go into manual mode and manually measure the feature (Probably a hole or a slot, right?). When you are done taking all the hits, Pcdmis will then prompt you if you want to update the targets with the actuals, tell it YES, then it will sit and wait for you to hit ALT-Z and it will go back into DCC mode and continue the program.
        Awesome little cheat there.... Never knew that existed. Will undoubtedly use that in the future
        Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
        Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

If You Use The Little Typewriter "print" Key You'll Get All Your Data EVEN AFTER A RESTART
          Last edited by BOB PARSONS; 04-20-2007, 05:31 PM.
          GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
          3.7MR3, XP/SP2
          EXCEL 12-20-10, 9-12-9, 7-10-7

Comment

I will surely try that next time i run the programme(Monday)i will let you know if it works.Cheers Matthew
            It's only a mistake if somebody else finds it!

Comment

Why not just use the "Find Hole" option ?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post

Oh, one thing, I think there is a WARNING setting or an F5 setting that will control if you get a prompt fo updating targets to the new actual data or not. As a matter of fact, I am checking a part right now that has a little fixture interference (it will get cleared) and until it gets cleared (milled) I get a trigger for a trim point and right now I am NOT getting the question about updating the targets, but I remember turning it off for a job a couple months ago. Still, unless you forget to do so, you can still go back and MANUALLY change the targets after you run the current part, or, just keep doing the ALT-X and ALT-Z until the idiots on the floor get the part right!
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment