Binary Profile with a different tolerance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binary Profile with a different tolerance

Sorry group, I don't even know the name of this type of profile. Can anyone educate me on how PC DMIS could check this dimension. I assume it is stating a 2 mm tolerance for to upper side and 0.5 mm for the lower. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    sigpic "A normal person is just someone you don't know real well"

When you dimension it using Xactmeasure, the feature control frame lets you build the unequal (U) tolerance zone as it is shown on the drawing.
    153010 Global Advantage w/ LSPX1H_T Analog Probe
    7107 Global Classic TP20
    2019R1 SP1 CAD++

Comment

And yes. The 0.5 is the unequally-disposed tolerance zone outside of the true profile which then leaves the remaining 1.5 profile zone inside the part. This is the total profile of 2.
      Last edited by RIDER; 02-14-2019, 05:15 PM. Reason: clarity
      153010 Global Advantage w/ LSPX1H_T Analog Probe
      7107 Global Classic TP20
      2019R1 SP1 CAD++

Comment

It is called Unequal Bilateral tolerance. The number that follows the U (in a circle) states the amount of profile tolerance that would allow additional material.
        sigpicIt's corona time!
        737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!
          sigpic "A normal person is just someone you don't know real well"

Comment