Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimension Not Correlating

PC-DMIS 2017 R2 (I believe)

So... here is the current dilemma, I have a program that is using Xactmeasure and reporting the profile of a surface in two places in the report. At the beginning of the program it is reported in the "customer" section of the report and then again in the reference section of the program along with the basic dimensions associated with the profile.

I did not recreate the dimension in the reference section, I copied and pasted the original dimension and there is up to a .080mm discrepancy between the two. I assumed that because it was created using Xactmeasure that the current alignment wouldn't influence the calculation. Am I incorrect or is there something else going on?
    Kevin

never copy & paste features or dimensions in Pcdmis, each MUST have a unique ID (DIM ID or FEAT ID). Duplicates can and will mess stuff up real quick.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• kmcmm
      kmcmm commented
      Editing a comment
      I renamed it as soon as I pasted it.

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
    never copy & paste features or dimensions in Pcdmis, each MUST have a unique ID (DIM ID or FEAT ID). Duplicates can and will mess stuff up real quick.
    I will copy and paste if I'm only doing a few features but I immediately change the dim/feature ID. If I need to copy and paste a lot of dimensions, I will copy and paste with pattern so it renames the features.

Comment

Is it line or surface profile? Are all 6 degrees of freedom locked down with the feature control frame?

Comment

• kmcmm
        kmcmm commented
        Editing a comment
        Line profile, all 6 DOF are constrained.

Make sure the same current alignment is active when doing both. If any DOF is not locked by the datums in the dimension, the calculation will get the rest from the current alignment.
      AndersI
      SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• kmcmm
        kmcmm commented
        Editing a comment
        I was curious about that, the alignments are different, but the DOF constrains all six DOF. I'll double check when I get back over to that plant.
    widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X