Close option grayed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close option grayed out

Has anyone ever had the option to close a program be grayed out on you? I went to close my program and it was gray, along with quit, and exit. Any ideas?
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
    Has anyone ever had the option to close a program be grayed out on you? I went to close my program and it was gray, along with quit, and exit. Any ideas?
    Yep! I believe I had to go into the task manager to get it to close out. I hope that you had file save turned on if you are in the process of programming your part...
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post
      Yep! I believe I had to go into the task manager to get it to close out. I hope that you had file save turned on if you are in the process of programming your part...

It was just a BS program I was using to qualify a new probe. I did the task manager thing and it ended up locking the whole machine up!

Comment

What the he!! ? ? ? I've never had that one before...
        sigpic
        PCDMIS 2012
        Windows Office XP

Comment

Try hitting ESCAPE several times as well as doing a CTRL - to clear any possible manual points in the memory. As a matter of fact, this happened to ME just the other day, some window that I inadverntly opened was 'hidden' somewhere (with 2 PC's and 2 keyboards, you sometimes hit keys on the wrong one). After several ESCAPES and a few CTRL - hits, it finally let me close out.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. By the way has anyone seen that arm to window when you cancel the execution of a program. That's another weird one I get on occassion...
            sigpic
            PCDMIS 2012
            Windows Office XP

Comment

I usually only see that one when I am calibrating tips, and usually it only pops up when I ADD a tip to an existing, calibrated file and am only calibrating the new tip(s). Only way to get rid of it, close Pcdmis 100% and re-start.
              sigpic
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                I usually only see that one when I am calibrating tips, and usually it only pops up when I ADD a tip to an existing, calibrated file and am only calibrating the new tip(s). Only way to get rid of it, close Pcdmis 100% and re-start.
                Or use 4.2 j/k
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Try hitting ESCAPE several times as well as doing a CTRL - to clear any possible manual points in the memory. As a matter of fact, this happened to ME just the other day, some window that I inadverntly opened was 'hidden' somewhere (with 2 PC's and 2 keyboards, you sometimes hit keys on the wrong one). After several ESCAPES and a few CTRL - hits, it finally let me close out.
                  It's ALT - for me and I did that. I use two monitors. Have the edit screen on the left one and the graphics on the right. I pulled the edit window down and made sure there were no other windows behind it. Crazy sh*t going on....

Comment

It's ALT - for me and I did that. I use two monitors. Have the edit screen on the left one and the graphics on the right. I pulled the edit window down and made sure there were no other windows behind it. Crazy sh*t going on....
                    Not one or the other, hitting the ESCAPE key will close quite a few windows in Pcdmis, windows that if they are open, Pcdmis will NOT close. Do both.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                      Or use 4.2 j/k
                      When's it getting released again? I'll wait until then because I know the released version will be a BUG-FREE version...
                      sigpic
                      PCDMIS 2012
                      Windows Office XP

Comment

That may have been when it happened. Just annoying . . .
                        sigpic
                        PCDMIS 2012
                        Windows Office XP

Comment

Hi guys...
                          One reason that the 'close' button can be grey'd out is when PCDMIS is waiting for the controller to finish executing a command. This happens when the controller is told to "ExecuteNow" that command (versus when it's executed normally in a program) For example, James will tell you about how the V4.2 Autofeatures have a "MoveTo" button in the dialog which simply positions the machine above autofeature. If, on your jog box, you had the speed turned all the way down, the controller would be attempting to execute the "ExecuteNow" move, but couldn't because the machine speed was all the way down. (Timing out here isn't an option because we don't know how long to wait for how slow of a move, etc). Not saying this is what's causing your close button to be unavailable... but it's another possibility. Hope this helps.. -Glenn

Comment

In my experience this happens if I have an Auto Feature dialog box open but hidden (either because it's minimized and behind another window, or dragged out of view). Make sure all dialog boxes are closed before trying to close down the part program.

Also, this might be an indication that resources are getting taxed. I know my version of PC-DMIS starts doing funny things (or doesn't allow simple operations) when I have too many other programs running.

Just some thoughts.
                            Jared Hess - PC-DMIS Documentation Team Lead @ HMI
                            [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment