Circle Problem. need some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circle Problem. need some help

so. i have a circle on a part that is on an angle. and when the machine goes to check it. its comming in on an angle and then colliding on the edge of the circle... and for some reason.. i just cant figure out how
    to stop that from happening. what are ways i could go about this? sorry if my explanation is bad. but i cant think of another way to word it? at the site wont let me provide a picture unfortunately..

Is it an autocircle? If so, do you have "sample hits" turned on?
    Is your vector angle for the hole correct?
    Is it correctly defined as a boss (outer) or a bore (inner)?
    Is it a size that is significantly deviating from your nominal diameter?

Comment

In addition to louisd above: Are you working from a CAD model or creating the features at the CMM? Are the nominals correct? Is the part made correctly? Pretty open ended question....

Comment

Assuming you are working with CAD and auto features, the best thing to do is an avoidance move. You could also do move points but I'm not a fan of them and only use them when absolutely necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by TomCat View Post
          so. i have a circle on a part that is on an angle. and when the machine goes to check it. its comming in on an angle and then colliding on the edge of the circle... and for some reason.. i just cant figure out how
          to stop that from happening. what are ways i could go about this? sorry if my explanation is bad. but i cant think of another way to word it? at the site wont let me provide a picture unfortunately..
          You could rotate your alignment to whatever angle the hole is, so the probe approaches normal to the hole orientation.
          Last edited by Roberto; 02-12-2019, 09:35 PM.
          sigpicIt's corona time!
          737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

What is your prehit/retract set at?

Comment

i have tried re adjusting my prehits\retracts. i have tried with and without sample hits. it is defined as an inner circle. the size of the part is good through hand checks. i have different alignments as well and it still wants to run into the side of the part instead of going into the hole. i have tried it with and without avoidance moves. without them it just runs into the side of the part as well. it goes towards the wall of the circle and instead of probing it. it just hits the wall of the circle and says its a collision during cnc movement. there is also a plane that i tried picking up on the inside of the ovular circle. its hard to explain but it is parallel with the top surface of the part. and when i tried to pick up that surface as well the probe just decides to go into the side of the part again. i have also tried other areas on that face of the part and anything on an angle doesnt seem to be picking up properly. alone with a distance i have that is very thrown off according the the machine but when hand checked is only .001 off.. its like the machine just wont read that side of the part correctly at all..

Comment

You need to answer a few basic questions before going forward. CAD or NO CAD ? You have tried avoidance moves to no avail so this means it is a AUTO Circle and not a Measured circle. Post some CODE. You are stating other features are having issues as well ? My gut would tell me the root of that issue would be a workplane issue and the vectors of your other features are wrong. This would aslo assume on my part that you are using all MEASURED Features as Auto features are not work plane dependent and you stated that you dealt with avoidance moves in that feature.

You are not trying to check an OD instead of an ID ?

Comment

Have you tried adjusting the workplane?

Comment

It seems the true root of the issue, is operator error. The machine sounds like it's functioning in DCC without issue. TomCat, have you had any formal training on PCDMIS? Maybe you can use this difficulty as fuel to convince your boss to get you some HexagonU training. Some are free even.

Comment

• TomCat
                      TomCat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      i have went to the first class yes. and i wish this problem im having would tell them i need more help but unfortunately that is not the case :\

Tom have a look at the hit points, look at the x,y,x of the first hit, is it around the other side of the circle? Even if all other settings are correct, the angle setting in an auto circle can make the start point wrong.

Others are right post some code and they will see it. Nobody mentioned angle though so figured I'd throw that in

Comment

i got the machine to probe a line on the inside place of the ovular shape. but still nothing on the half circle on the side of it... sorry for bad explanations ones again. here is the code tho for the line inside the ovular shape and then the half circle on the angle. thanks for dealing with me guys it means alot!

LINE2 =FEAT/LINE,CARTESIAN,UNBOUNDED
                      THEO/<-0.2547,0.537,-0.595>,<-1,0,0>
                      ACTL/<-0.255,0.5369,-0.5473>,<-0.9999932,0,-0.0036788>
                      MEAS/LINE,2,YPLUS
                      HIT/BASIC,NORMAL,<-0.2547,0.5413,-0.595>,<0,0,-1>,<-0.255,0.5413,-0.5473>,USE THEO=YES
                      HIT/BASIC,NORMAL,<-0.4644,0.5326,-0.595>,<0,0,-1>,<-0.4647,0.5326,-0.5481>,USE THEO=YES
                      ENDMEAS/
                      CIR_5 =FEAT/CONTACT/CIRCLE/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
                      THEO/<-0.121,0.607,-0.75>,<0.2923717,0.9563048,0>,0.31
                      ACTL/<-0.121,0.607,-0.75>,<0.2923717,0.9563048,0>,0.31
                      TARG/<-0.121,0.607,-0.75>,<0.2923717,0.9563048,0>
                      START ANG=0,END ANG=180
                      ANGLE VEC=<0,0,1>
                      DIRECTION=CCW
                      SHOW FEATURE PARAMETERS=YES
                      VOID DETECTION=NO
                      REMEASURE=NO
                      SURFACE=THICKNESS_NONE,0
                      MEASURE MODE=NOMINALS
                      RMEAS=NONE,NONE,NONE
                      AUTO WRIST=NO
                      CIRCULAR MOVES=CIRCULAR
                      GRAPHICAL ANALYSIS=NO
                      FEATURE LOCATOR=NO,NO,""
                      SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=YES
                      NUMHITS=15,DEPTH=0.009,PITCH=0
                      SAMPLE METHOD=SAMPLE_HITS
                      SAMPLE HITS=0,SPACER=0
                      AVOIDANCE MOVE=AFTER,DISTANCE=0.5
                      FIND HOLE=DISABLED,ONERROR=NO,READ POS=NO
                      SHOW HITS=NO

Comment

• JacobCheverie
                        JacobCheverie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Why MEAS/LINE, 2, YPLUS if the vector of the line is along the X-axis? This must be a workplane issue.

What's the nominal angle of the hole from the print?

Comment