How do I get PC DMIS to measure elements in correct orientation to model?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get PC DMIS to measure elements in correct orientation to model?

I need a little help getting the program to measure elements in the correct view, how do I change to say an ZX plane to measure a circle?
    I have tried to change different workplanes and views such as Z-, Y- but feature is not aligning with model. see pic.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by lcrowston View Post
    I need a little help getting the program to measure elements in the correct view, how do I change to say an ZX plane to measure a circle?
    I have tried to change different workplanes and views such as Z-, Y- but feature is not aligning with model. see pic.
    "Not a Senior member yet"

Comment

• Darrollh
      Darrollh commented
      Editing a comment
      It says you are.

• lcrowston
      lcrowston commented
      Editing a comment
      Only in age my friend...

Is the hole actually in the Y axis as the code suggests?

Comment

In CMM manager I would measure the circle in the ZX plane. Using clip plane the feature would be visible in my x axis I think.

Comment

• RIDER
        RIDER commented
        Editing a comment
        If the hole is not in one of the models axis, then you could measure the surface around the hole. Change your alignment to that surface and then measure the hole.

• Kp61dude!
        Kp61dude! commented
        Editing a comment
        CMM Manager was my first DCC/NC software I learned on, many moons ago. Brought back memories.

How do I switch the alignment to the surface.

Comment

• RIDER
        RIDER commented
        Editing a comment
        Ctrl+Alt+A, then F1

can you not rotate the model via mouse to get a better look at it?
      workplanes don't really affect how you select a feature via the model.
      Che Guevara is a communist scumbag.

Comment

im not sure i understand what you are asking but the picture you posted looks like you are trying to check a rad on a torus so if that what you are trying to do then i would try clipping plane

Comment

As a rule of thumb.... Move on from measured circles and only use AUTO-Circles. You will be way happier in the long run. They are completely work plane in-dependent as well so you will never have this issue.

Comment

You are projecting the circle on to "PLN2" (see MEAS/CIRCLE, 4, FEATURE=PLN2), you should choose "WORKPLANE" to control the projection plane through that or perhaps "3D" instead.
            PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1

Comment

As Schlag says, use autocircles. Also note there are lots of threads here on the forum concerning measuring radii on a small sector of a circle.
              AndersI
              SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• lcrowston
                lcrowston commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok, I will try and find them.