Beeping in handbox....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beeping in handbox....

Has anyone, or does anyone know if this can be turned up ?

My customer wants it loud when running production, so they can hear if it has stopped for some reason. I was wondering if I can't turn it up in the jog box, that if I could get the same "ping" when manualling taking points, to do it when executing programs ?
    Jim Jewell

I think this came up recently and believe there was no resolution. Buy a microphone and a big-assed amp. Set the jog box by the mic.......you know the rest.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
      I think this came up recently and believe there was no resolution. Buy a microphone and a big-assed amp. Set the jog box by the mic.......you know the rest.
      Well, you CAN get a little mic that hooks to the computer's sound card, then crank up the mic volume and lower the rest and turn the speakers all the way up.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        Well, you CAN get a little mic that hooks to the computer's sound card, then crank up the mic volume and lower the rest and turn the speakers all the way up.
        Man, that would have to get annoying. I just wish I could turn the volume down a tad...
        sigpic
        Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
        PCDMIS 2012
        Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post
          Man, that would have to get annoying. I just wish I could turn the volume down a tad...
          Yeah, but he is in a produciton environment, so I would guess there is a lot of noise and he needs to 'hear' when it stops. Of course, if that is all they need, they can ALOS insert an external file, WAV, and have it go off when the program is done running. You can make up your OWN wav files here:

http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/
          sigpic
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Turn it up to 11 right?

Yeah, but he is in a produciton environment, so I would guess there is a lot of noise and he needs to 'hear' when it stops. Of course, if that is all they need, they can ALOS insert an external file, WAV, and have it go off when the program is done running. You can make up your OWN wav files here:

http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/
            That is a good idea, however, I kind of wonder if they are looking to know if it has stopped running due to the probe 'sticking', an air trigger, or some other error that would cause the program to stop without completing the run.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
              Turn it up to 11 right?

That is a good idea, however, I kind of wonder if they are looking to know if it has stopped running due to the probe 'sticking', an air trigger, or some other error that would cause the program to stop without completing the run.
              Is there any kind of 'on-error' that you can set up in Pcdmis to trigger an event, like the playing of a WAV file? If not, maybe it could be added as an 'enhancement' (giggle!) to some version that is coming up?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                Turn it up to 11 right?
                Heh, heh, heh! Good catch!

Is there any kind of 'on-error' that you can set up in Pcdmis to trigger an event, like the playing of a WAV file? If not, maybe it could be added as an 'enhancement' (giggle!) to some version that is coming up?
                I had added a sound to the end of some programs at one point. It worked, but I didn't see a way to do it for errors. Might be able to with some fancy coding. I'll email Craig and see if he wants to take a crack at it. It is a good idea.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the input, Goodluck hit the nail on the head, they want to hear it running, if it stops because of a false trigger, they want to know without having to watch it.

Matt, the beeping thru the puter will only work when not running a program.
                  Jim Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by jjewell View Post
                    Thanks for the input, Goodluck hit the nail on the head, they want to hear it running, if it stops because of a false trigger, they want to know without having to watch it.

Matt, the beeping thru the puter will only work when not running a program.
                    Matt was using my idea of the microphone. Instead of an amp he was suggesting using the computer. I was being tongue in cheek.
                    sigpic

Comment

Matt was using my idea of the microphone. Instead of an amp he was suggesting using the computer. I was being tongue in cheek.
                      Which cheek did you plan on putting that tongue of yours?
                      sigpic

Comment

Get a room boys!
                        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Which cheek did you plan on putting that tongue of yours?
                          Wherever!

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
                          Get a room boys!
                          Why, you want to watch?
                          sigpic

Comment

Wherever!

Why, you want to watch?
                            Nope, I plan on selling tickets.
                            sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
                              Nope, I plan on selling tickets.
                              As long as I get my 33%, SURE, go for it!
                              sigpic

Comment