Upgrading to Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to Windows XP

Is there any tricks or suggestion to make the transfer from Windows 2000 to Windows XP. Just wondering what to expect. I'm currently Running PCDMIS CAD++ MR3.7
    sigpicTHE TASK AHEAD OF YOU, IS NEVER AS GREAT AS THE POWER BEHIND YOU. I Fight for Freedom and Pray For Peace..

Don't do it.
    That's the only trick I can think of. V3.7 MR3 runs sweet in W2K, that's what I am running. IT wanted to change me over to XP to match the rest of the shop, I told them NO WAY!, leave me the he11 alone, go away. I snarled a bit, gnashed my teeth, threw things at the wall, and they left. Been more-or-less happy since then.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks I'm Getting allot of pressure from IT dept. To convert for the same reason to match everyone else. Why must I Match everyone else I don't know
      but I will keep fighting it.
      sigpicTHE TASK AHEAD OF YOU, IS NEVER AS GREAT AS THE POWER BEHIND YOU. I Fight for Freedom and Pray For Peace..

Comment

3.7 MR3 works well on XP for me, unless I try to hack and slash a program apparently.

sigpicYou're just jealous the voices talk to me.

Comment

I'm running 3.5 mr2 & went from 2000 to XP. There were a few snags but i survived. A pain more then anything.
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

There are benifits to running w2000 over XP. Namely: XP has a huge conflict with carrying user presets in Pc-Dmis, including probe files when you switch between user profiles in XP.
            I personally hate XP, I was really comfortable with NT!!

-G
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cumofo View Post
              There are benifits to running w2000 over XP. Namely: XP has a huge conflict with carrying user presets in Pc-Dmis, including probe files when you switch between user profiles in XP.
              I personally hate XP, I was really comfortable with NT!!

-G
              Ah, remember the good old days of 3.1? When you wanted to shut off the computer you did just that none of this start - shutdown - shutdown the computer [email protected]

Comment

Just remember if going to XP that SP2 has GDI leaks. You will need to install the hotfix patch for this found on the wilcox site. Or just run in "Best Performance Mode" as I do. My screen looks like NT.

Comment

Trouble

This sounds like I will gain little if anything for a whole lot of effort.
                  I've at least installed an external hard drive and have backed up the whole
                  operating system as it is now at least I'll have that to fall back on.

Comment