Trihederon not Moving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trihederon not Moving

Hey all, so I'm having alignment troubles today, Whenever I get to the ABC portion of the alignments my Trihedron stops moving when I select the Datum Features.
    I'll attach a little picture that hopefully gives you an idea of what I'm dealing with.

So what I currently have is a Manual Alignment, followed by a DCC alignment(using different features than the manual), and an ABC alignment using Datums A, B, and C. When I get to the ABC alignment I am unable to get my origin into the correct spot. If I use my non-datum features the origin moves around fine but even if I let PCDMIS "AUTO-SET ORIGIN" The code is correct as far as I can tell, but the origin still won't move. I confirm that it hasn't moved by taking an auto point on datum A, and where it should display a Z of 0 it still displays the distance to the old origin.

A1 =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:STARTUP,LIST=YES
    ALIGNMENT/LEVEL,ZPLUS,MAN_PLN_1
    ALIGNMENT/ROTATE,XPLUS,TO,MAN_PLN_2,ABOUT,ZPLUS
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,MAN_CIR_1
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,MAN_CIR_1
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,MAN_PLN_1
    ALIGNMENT/END

A2 =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:A1,LIST=YES
    ALIGNMENT/LEVEL,ZPLUS,DCC_CIR_1
    ALIGNMENT/ROTATE,XPLUS,TO,DCC_CYL_1,ABOUT,ZPLUS
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,DCC_CIR_1
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,DCC_CIR_1
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,DCC_PLN_1
    ALIGNMENT/END

Anyone see anything in my code or the way I'm doing this that might be the cause. and please let me know if there's any more code I can post to help.20190122_122224.jpg
    Don't know why It keeps turning the Photo to that orientation but It should be pretty clear which way is up.

DCC levels to a Circle could be problem

Comment

• RIDER
      RIDER commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct. A circle is a 2D feature and should not be used to level to.

Doh, that was a miss click the second time I tried it. here's the corrected code. That is not causing the issue I am having sadly.

A2 =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:A1,LIST=YES
    ALIGNMENT/LEVEL,ZPLUS,DCC_PLN_1
    ALIGNMENT/ROTATE,XPLUS,TO,DCC_CYL_1,ABOUT,ZPLUS
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,DCC_CIR_1
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,DCC_CIR_1
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,DCC_PLN_1
    ALIGNMENT/END

Comment

• RIDER
      RIDER commented
      Editing a comment
      Does pln1 and cyl1 have the same vectors in your program?

So I've narrowed it down to the Constructed Plane I have to use for my Datum A. For some reason whenever I translate to a non-constructed feature it works. When I use a constructed feature it doesn't. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comment

Figured it out. For whatever reason PCDMIS wanted it was making my Plane A's values all zeros.

Comment

• NinjaBadger
        NinjaBadger commented
        Editing a comment
        There's an option (prob in F5 /Setup) to project constructed features to the current workplane. Mu guess is that's switched on.