Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save Alignment

Hello ,

I am looking for soem more info abou How to save and how to restore, or use the Save Alignment. I have no Idea exactly how to use it. Is there any link? any article to help? really appreciate if help me.

Thank you

Originally posted by TigerShark View Post
    Hello ,

I am looking for soem more info abou How to save and how to restore, or use the Save Alignment. I have no Idea exactly how to use it. Is there any link? any article to help? really appreciate if help me.

Thank you
    It's pretty simple, really.

Measure the alignment features
    Make the alignment
    INSERT ~ ALIGNMENT ~ SAVE
    Enter the name you wish to use
    RECALL the alignment in any program you want to use with the drop-down window at the top (it's to the right of the saved view drop-down).
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post

Make the alignment
      RECALL the alignment in any program you want to use with the drop-down window at the top (it's to the right of the saved view drop-down).
      Very simple. I use it all the time for CMM holding fixtures.
      sigpic
      Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
      PCDMIS 2012
      Windows Office XP

Comment

Oh, you WILL need to make sure that your SEARCH PATH for RECALL DIRECTORY is set to 'search current directory'.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Make the alignment
          How do you call it ? and what is the reason to be used in another program? it means that will shift the part to that saved alignment coordinate Space from another program? ( in addition to make and use, I need to know these stuf like what is going on when we do that in another part program)

thank you for help and response

Comment

The biggest reason for external alignments (IMO)_ is that you can align a fixture ONCE, then run any number of DIFFERENT programs on it, all using the same alignment, and each of those programs does NOT have to align the fixture. Also, it will keep you from screwing up your program IF you have to adjust the alignment for any reason, no worry about "UPDATE PROGRAM TO NEW ALIGNMENT" crap that comes up. This method CAN be done in a different way, by using MARKED SETS, but you get HUGE programs. By having a seperate fixture alignment program, you align it once, then have programs that fo different 'objectives' for the part, for example:
            1) Regular full check
            2) Spc only check
            3) Trim development checks
            4) Hole position checks
            5) etc.

Once you do your alignmetn, either iterative (not usually on a fixture) or 3-2-1 CAD=PART alignment, you simply save it to an exteranl file

Make a new program, save it in the same directory as the alignment program (see this link for directory structure http://cmmprogrammer.19.forumer.com/...pic.php?t=100), then use the drop-down and select the file you just saved. You can now start this new program right in DCC mode and start checking the part.
            sigpic

Comment

The biggest reason for external alignments (IMO)_ is that you can align a fixture ONCE, then run any number of DIFFERENT programs on it, all using the same alignment, and each of those programs does NOT have to align the fixture. Also, it will keep you from screwing up your program IF you have to adjust the alignment for any reason, no worry about "UPDATE PROGRAM TO NEW ALIGNMENT" crap that comes up. This method CAN be done in a different way, by using MARKED SETS, but you get HUGE programs. By having a seperate fixture alignment program, you align it once, then have programs that fo different 'objectives' for the part, for example:
              1) Regular full check
              2) Spc only check
              3) Trim development checks
              4) Hole position checks
              5) etc.

Once you do your alignmetn, either iterative (not usually on a fixture) or 3-2-1 CAD=PART alignment, you simply save it to an exteranl file

Make a new program, save it in the same directory as the alignment program (see this link for directory structure http://cmmprogrammer.19.forumer.com/...pic.php?t=100), then use the drop-down and select the file you just saved. You can now start this new program right in DCC mode and start checking the part.

Thank you Soooooo muc, It is getting more clear to me know. Really helpfull Just a question, If I remove the fixture and install it again after days, I need to manually align the fixture and then DCC, I think I should run the fixture program and go through manual and DCC program. then Exit and Open another program that calls FIxture program, then RUn to measure profile ( for instance)..... Am I right? So it means, the Recalled Saved Alignment is Valid untill we have not Moved the Fixture on CMM Table ( am I correct)?

Comment

Thats right .. Once you run the program for your alignment and save it you can keep on going till you move the fixture then it will need run again so it saves the new location
                sigpic
                if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

YEP, once you either HOME the machine or MOVE the fixture, you need to re-run the alignment program. HOWEVER, if you only re-home the machine, you should NOT have to run the MANUAL portion of the alignment program, just the DCC portion (time saver). If you MOVE the fixture, you will have to run both MANUAL and DCC alignments.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thank You Friend, You are the BEST

Good day

Comment

Thank You Friends, You are the BEST

Good day

Comment