angles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angles

using pc-dmis 3.7 what,s the correct way to check angles, line to line or plane to plane, by useing the angularity or angle features in the dimension box FLA BILL

Well, that depends on what you need to report. If you need to report the angle, make sure you are in the correct workplane, use 2D angle between, select the two features and click create. If you have a FCF specifying angularity, (you have my sympathy), use angularity, select the two features then click create. HTH
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by cristian anabalon View Post
      using pc-dmis 3.7 what,s the correct way to check angles, line to line or plane to plane, by useing the angularity or angle features in the dimension box FLA BILL
      As Wes said, it depends. The "A" choice in the FEATURE DIMENSION area is for something like the angle of a conical feature. The "ANGLE DIMENSION" area is for the angle between two features(remember that using this is dependent on your view plane being used). The "ANGULARITY DIMENSION" area is a reporting of Form type of dimension, similar to cylindricity, roundness, flatness etc etc..
      Anything further please ask.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

There are multiple ways, you just have to try. Trial and error works well. Wes is leading you in the right direction. His angularity sympathy comes from me too.
        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
          There are multiple ways, you just have to try. Trial and error works well. Wes is leading you in the right direction. His angularity sympathy comes from me too.
          Trial & error usually works best for me too... I try doing it mostly with 2d lines and changing my working plane to correct it and also by swapping from TRUE to COMPLEMENT...
          sigpic
          Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
          PCDMIS 2012
          Windows Office XP

Comment