Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip stuck - Happy Friday!

Morning all,

I have a TP2-5way body and when we tried to change out the probe tip/ stylus this morning, it will NOT turn to come off. (bent a little changer tool)

We changed it back and forth a half dozen times yesterday with no issue and no one "should" have been trying to tighten it or do anything with the probe over night. I put it on yesterday and didn't notice anything unusual.

Any thoughts?

About all you can do is keep cranking until it comes loose. If the little tools won't do it (they are pretty wimpy) then use an allen wrench.

Ah, I can remember the days when the TP2 had 2 flats where the tip mounted and a little wrench that fit it so that NO torque was applied to the internal guts of the unit. I guess that made them last too long....
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I have the tool to stop from ruining the guts... just the first time that I've had one stick. lol

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
        KIRBSTER269 commented
        Editing a comment
        "Tip Stuck" wrong chose of words.

• EmilySue
        EmilySue commented
        Editing a comment
        Bwahahahahahha

You're not supposed to locktite those things on EmilySue. Lol.

Comment

OK. I got it! Thanks for the help, y'all. I just needed to have confidence that I wasn't going to ruin something by twisting a bit harder!

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          My mind must be in the gutter today, your wording just keeps getting worse

• EmilySue
          EmilySue commented
          Editing a comment
          I have so much going on in my life right now that I'm not re-reading things with the "gutter" mindset. Usually, I catch those Freudian slips, lol.

Freudian slips. that's where you say one thing but mean your mother....
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Using those tools should help keeping tp2 health...

clef tp2-1.JPG
          This one can fix the rotation on flats of tp2 (post #2 from Matt), even if it's named tp2-6...
          clef tp2.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
            Using those tools should help keeping tp2 health...

clef tp2-1.JPG
            This one can fix the rotation on flats of tp2 (post #2 from Matt), even if it's named tp2-6...
            clef tp2.JPG
            Yeah, but they stopped putting the flats on them a long LONG time ago! The last couple I got (and I haven't gotten any in YEARS, don't even use them anymore) the end was round with 2 little, tiny pin holes, and the holes are smaller than the holes in the tips. The first time I got one delivered like that, I called Renishaw and asked where the new wrench was that went in the holes, they said there isn't one, you don't need a wrench on the TP2 connector.... YEAH!
            sigpic

Comment

• EmilySue
              EmilySue commented
              Editing a comment
              I must have a really old one then because I still have flats. I do have all those tools and use them. one of the little pointers to unscrew the probe is what we bent this morning. Luckily, it came free once I tried again. Too bad that they have done away with the flats. I really like being able to hold the spanner on there & baby the thing. lol

Just in time post, I have a Tp2 as well with a black gizmo with 2 small pins. Question? To loosen which way to turn CW or CCW?

Comment

• Schrocknroll
              Schrocknroll commented
              Editing a comment
              It's a standard right hand thread, so CCW when you are looking directly at the stylus. If the stylus is pointing down, like it would be in the machine, it would actually be CW from your view.