Probe Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Cal

Pc-dmis 3.7 mr2 cad++. After I have measured my probes I get the message that my measured probe dia. exeeds the limit, (set ay 0.025mm).

At first I thought it was my probe dia., but I have ordered new probes and still getting same error.

Any help?

thanks

Originally posted by Clay_Man View Post
    Pc-dmis 3.7 mr2 cad++. After I have measured my probes I get the message that my measured probe dia. exeeds the limit, (set ay 0.025mm).

At first I thought it was my probe dia., but I have ordered new probes and still getting same error.

Any help?

thanks
    Clean you cal. sphere and probes with alcohol and try again. Make sure your probe is built as defined. Make sure you cal. sphere is defined correctly.

Comment

What Are You Using For A Probe? Ex. Tp2 Or Tp20 YOU CAN ALSO INCREASE
      YOUR DEFAULT .025 IS PRETTY TIGHT
      Last edited by BOB PARSONS; 04-17-2007, 05:17 PM.
      GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
      3.7MR3, XP/SP2
      EXCEL 12-20-10, 9-12-9, 7-10-7

Comment

Originally posted by BOB PARSONS View Post
        What Are You Using For A Probe? Ex. Tp2 Or Tp20
        tp20,

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
          Clean you cal. sphere and probes with alcohol and try again. Make sure your probe is built as defined. Make sure you cal. sphere is defined correctly.
          i have cleaned probe and sphere check to make sure the probe was built right, see get error probe dia. exceeds limits

Comment

Originally posted by BOB PARSONS View Post
            What Are You Using For A Probe? Ex. Tp2 Or Tp20 YOU CAN ALSO INCREASE
            YOUR DEFAULT .025 IS PRETTY TIGHT
            What should I set it to??

Comment

What does your standard deviation look like............
              sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
                What does your standard deviation look like............
                One my 3rd round of phobe cal. I got an error standard dev for probe cal exceeds limits

Comment

One my 3rd round of phobe cal. I got an error standard dev for probe cal exceeds limits
                  What is it & what is it set at ????????????????
                  sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

MAKE SURE, you are inputting the correct artifact diameter and that your probe tips are tight....try another module, maybe that one is pooched...?
                    Jim Jewell

Comment

If You Are Using A Tp20 You May Have The Wrong Module.
                      What Are You Using For A Tip And What Are You Using For
                      A Module, Std.,med.,xtra Force. Etc. ? You Need To Use The
                      Lightest Module You Can ( No Air Triggers ) To Get The Best
                      Accuracy.
                      GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
                      3.7MR3, XP/SP2

Comment

What should I set it to??
                        What is the stated accuracy of your machine? Has it been calibrated recently and what was the measured accuracy of the machine? I had to adjust the parameters in the probe calibration to allow for .018 mm due to smaller accuracy of the large machine that I run.
                        sigpic
                        Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                        PCDMIS 2012
                        Windows Office XP

Comment

Rangerboat,
                          The Settings I'm Suggesting Changing Only Tell The Comp.
                          When To Give The Error Messages For Tip Size Or Deviation.
                          They Have Nothing To Do W/actual Accuracy,only The Deviation
                          As Stated In An Above Post Tells You An Idea Of The Quality Of
                          Your Probe Cal. The Error Messages Referred To Here Only
                          Tell You That You May Want To Have Another Look At What Your
                          Doing, I.e Clean Sphere, Length Of Tip, Module Selection Etc. I
                          Do Not Understand Your Ref. To Machine Cal. Specs. And These
                          Simple Error ( Warning ) Messages.
                          GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
                          3.7MR3, XP/SP2

Comment

Thanks for all your help ppl. it was the tp20

closed

Comment