big alignment issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big alignment issue

so this has been happening to me today. when i go to create an alignment on anything. as soon as i pick up the plane or any form of feature. it throws that plane or feature way onto the otherside of the table... and i honestly have no idea whats going on... and i have never ran into this problem before... please help.
    Last edited by TomCat; 02-27-2019, 08:49 AM.

i also know the picture is small and blurry and i apologize but the top left corner are 2 planes of mine that where thrown out that way after i had picked them up off the object for an alignment.

Comment

????
      Last edited by TomCat; 02-27-2019, 08:49 AM.

Comment

You can go in F5 to align the cad with cmm axis, or use quick align.

Comment

Are you clicking on the model to make the planes? or the actual part on the table?

Comment

Maybe that could help ?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFFG_ZJ48Vg

Comment

The manual alignment needs to be on the cad. Is this where CAD=PART comes into play ?

Comment

Originally posted by Schlag View Post
                The manual alignment needs to be on the cad. Is this where CAD=PART comes into play ?
                CAD=PART is mainly for when you manually take touches that you don't know all the XYZ values for each hit, BUT, you know at least 1 of the values.

For example, you have CAD for the part, but not the fixture, but you KNOW that the top of the fixture is Z100, you know that the left edge of the fixture is X-100, and the front edge of the fixture is Y235.

So, you just go measure a plane on the top, a line on the side, a line on the front. The THEO values for all these feature will be MACHINE position, not CAD position. So, you level Z+ to the plane, rotate X+ to the line on the front, and then origin X to the line on the side, Y to the line on the front, Z to the plane. You then do ORIGIN OFFSETS (100 for X, -235 for Y, -100 for Z), then click on CAD=PART. It will then update the THEO values of those 3 feature to CAD THEOS and the cad model then snaps to the correct relationship with the features you measured.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• vlmitkov
                  vlmitkov commented
                  Editing a comment
                  THAT is definitely way different than what i was told during the level 1 and 2 class that i took... I am NOT saying you are wrong... i am merely surprised at how the company paid so much money for the training and yet it was not done properly...
                  Last edited by vlmitkov; 01-11-2019, 01:29 AM. Reason: typos

That is because no one ( and I mean NO ONE) that does any training for B&S/HEX/whoever knows what CAD=PART does. They haven't for years and years and years. Last I knew, they were still teaching people to never use CAD=PART. I D 10 T s
                sigpic
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• Roberto
                  Roberto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Matt, there's a common expression in Spanish: Más sabe el Diablo por viejo que por Diablo!!
                  It means something similar to: "Old age and guile will overcome youth and skill"

• kmcmm
                  kmcmm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Preach on...

It seems the CAD=Part is becoming a long lost art, not to mention back when you couldn't transform the CAD model inside PC-DMIS and your drawing was a local coordinate system but the CAD came in global.

Well, it used to be the ONLY way to do an alignment in Pcdmis, before they had iterative or "program mode". You learned it, or you didn't program. The problem is, none of the teachers know what it does anymore (and I've been using it for 25 years!). There are a couple ways you can 'do it' without CAD data for the features you are measuring, you can measure them, THEN, manually, update the nominals & vectors for all the manual features, OR, you can make the alignment, calling each one what it is (level, rotate, origin, and offset the origins), then simply click on CAD=PART and Pcdmis updates the nominals for you (XYZIJK). Why do it the hard way? And that warning "CAD=PART CAN NOT BE UNDONE".... so what? You can't "un-do" it, but you can RE-DO it until you get it right.
                sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X