Axis Errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis Errors

We are getting a lot of X, Y, and Z Axis errors causing our machine to fault out in the middle of a program. It will even sometimes do this when the machine is not moving and no program is running. We cant figure out what it is and it seems to come and go. One month it will happen 5-10 times a day then the next month we wont have a single error. We have checked our air pressure and cleaned off our scales. Other than that i'm not sure what it could be. Anybody have any suggestions?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by glancy; 01-10-2019, 02:19 AM.

What is the fault(s) that you are getting?? Are you SURE you are getting steady and adequate air to the bearings? Is this any one axis, or all 3? Is it all 3 axes at the same time? If so, I would be looking closer at the air system. Could the motors be going bad? You say your scales are being cleaned - could it be one of the scale READERS going bad?

A lot depends on the error messages that you are getting. Also depends on whether this is 1 axis, or all 3, and whether it is more than one at the same time.

Sorry I'm not more help.

Comment

• glancy
      glancy commented
      Editing a comment
      Its all 3 but not at the same time. Usually when traveling in whatever direction the error happens in. Such as when I go from the back of the table to the front (X- to X+) I will get an X Axis error. But this is not always true as I have gotten just about all combinations possible but its never more than 1 axis at a time. I will edit the post and add a picture of the message. I'm not 100% that we are getting the correct amount of air, everytime i looked before it was normal. But now that I look again we are roughly 20 psi under what we usually run and its fluctuating back and fourth. I'm beginning to wonder if there's another machine in the plant that is taking a large amount of air and our compressor cant keep up. Is air a fairly common problem for this type of error? Thanks in advance for your help.

Could you post the error message ?

Comment

• glancy
      glancy commented
      Editing a comment
      I added it.