SP12 "Accuracy Issue"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP12 "Accuracy Issue"

Can somebody from Hexagon elaborate on this "accuracy issue" and tell how long it has been going on and to what extent? I'm not sure who to tag around here anymore. Are any techs still on this forum?

https://i.imgur.com/5uFJP79.jpg

Error in best fit calculation

It is vague for sure. I assume it means that something was changed and it caused problems related to the interpretation of the compensation error map where it either stopped working or it started working incorrectly. It probably affected the measurement accuracy of the CMM which is why it was noticed.

I have seen a few cases where changes in PC-DMIS affects the machine accuracy. The most recent experience I had was with the LK driver and PC-DMIS version 2015 (2014 was okay). PC-DMIS was sending wonky probe offsets causing noticeable measurement errors. At least the customer had the insight to recognize something was wrong and did the right things to get this fixed.

You should never update the software without running a test of the system after.

Comment

Try asking Don Ruggieri
      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP3

Comment

vector point all over again.......
        or
        STEP conversion all over again.

You'll never get an answer.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

The Release Notes text is a bit short - looking at the actual JIRA report, I see that it was quite a rare case of a dual arm CMM with common controllers and COMPENS file(s) on the computer. Not that many such machines available...
          AndersI
          SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• vpt.se
            vpt.se commented
            Editing a comment
            ...so it's OK. :P

Probably would've been good to state that in the release notes. I get a little concerned when the manufacturer of a precision measurement software that I stand behind on a daily basis states that there have been "accuracy issues".

Error in best fit calculation

Comment

Sorry, I just found this. Yes, it was only an issue on these few rare systems. I rely on the Product Owners to decide what they want in the release notes, and in most cases they do a great job. THis one is obviously short and to the point, but almost too much so.

Comment

• vpt.se
              vpt.se commented
              Editing a comment
              The addition of "...in dual arm system/s" would have added quite a bit of information and eased a lot of users.

When something like this happens, is there some kind of public service announcement that reaches out to the affected customers, telling them to upgrade because "we just found an accuracy issue in our software that affects your machine"? Sure, it sounds negative that an accuracy issue has been found, but for me as a customer, I prefer to be notified about it (NOT through the patchnotes), instead of hammering away clueless of the issue? That is a sort of customer care too.
            PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP3

Comment

Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
              When something like this happens, is there some kind of public service announcement that reaches out to the affected customers, telling them to upgrade because "we just found an accuracy issue in our software that affects your machine"? Sure, it sounds negative that an accuracy issue has been found, but for me as a customer, I prefer to be notified about it (NOT through the patchnotes), instead of hammering away clueless of the issue? That is a sort of customer care too.
              I just refuse to think about what I could say during an audit on how to treat the defects...

Comment