Status Window Err value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status Window Err value

New to the forums and very new to PC-DMIS.

I'm using a Romer Infinite Arm to probe a part a compare to a CAD model. Aside from a few hitches with the initial setup and programming I've been able to get all of my GD&T to come out with conforming values. However, I'm getting high Err values in my status window for all features: about 5-7 post alignment and around 3000 when looking at features that fall before the alignment occurs in the sequence tree.

Is this something I should be concerned about and does anyone have any advice as to where I should start troubleshooting?

Any advice is appreciated and my apologies for being vague -multiple projects and a bit of a time crunch.

One of the vague things you might want to clarify is "high Err values". Is that form, location, or what?
    Also what is 5-7 and 3000. 5-7 inches or mm is definitely not what you mean. Could you clarify? Microns or tenths of an inch maybe?

Someone else may know for sure what you mean, but I would need clarification before I could try to help.
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

I believe that is the STDDEV for the measured hits compared to the nominals.

I assume you have THEO's for the features pre-alignment that resides from the creation of the program or THEO's taken from CAD.
      They are expected to be large until you have a complete alignment that matches the print/CAD.

If they still are (very) large after the print/CAD-alignment, you should check your THEO's for the feature, that they match whatever they should be. If they do, check the actual (physical) feature for out of roundness, position etc.
      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X