Update Stats Count to 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Stats Count to 1

Don't know if I've seen this before or not. Is there a way to change my stats count at the top of my program back to 1 every time the program is run? The reason I ask is I have afixture with 8 parts on it, and in order to be able to trace each fixture location I will have to manully change the stats count to 1 unless another option is available?

FYI/PS whatever you want to call it...

I'm going to do a test. I have been told that changes have been made to tech support such that a quicker response time will be realized. I will see from which source I get an answer to my question first.

EDIT...
    Left message with tech support at 8:13 a.m. cst
    Last edited by JamesMannes; 04-17-2007, 10:38 AM. Reason: insert time for tech support call
    sigpic

James Mannes

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
    Don't know if I've seen this before or not. Is there a way to change my stats count at the top of my program back to 1 every time the program is run? The reason I ask is I have afixture with 8 parts on it, and in order to be able to trace each fixture location I will have to manully change the stats count to 1 unless another option is available?

FYI/PS whatever you want to call it...

I'm going to do a test. I have been told that changes have been made to tech support such that a quicker response time will be realized. I will see from which source I get an answer to my question first.
    Well, i fyou set it to 1, then save and protect the program, everytime you open it, it will default back to 1. If you don't close-open it, I don't know how.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      Well, i fyou set it to 1, then save and protect the program, everytime you open it, it will default back to 1. If you don't close-open it, I don't know how.
      Mathew, Good answer!!
      I have a winner!!!
      Mathew gave me a valid answer by 8:19 cst.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Mathew, Good answer!!
        I have a winner!!!
        Mathew gave me a valid answer by 8:19 cst.
        It will also 'save' the print-to-file name, so if you have it set to -001.RPT, then everytime you open it, that is what it will start saving the file as.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

It will also 'save' the print-to-file name, so if you have it set to -001.RPT, then everytime you open it, that is what it will start saving the file as.
          Matt your a farcking genius!!!
          Thanks for help.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Matt your a farcking genius!!!
            Thanks for help.
            It will also prevent changes being SAVED for the program, it will NOT keep them from being made in the program, but everytime you open it, it will be back to what it was.
            sigpic

Comment

The only problem is the pop up windows asking about saving if you close the program rather than quiting the program. I removed the close option from the file menu. Oh, and save on execution will need to be turned off.

Comment

An aside note to this conversation.

If using DATAPAGE, a query can then be set up to filter STATS_COUNT for each cavity on your fixture.
                Thanks to both of you guys for the info. Always appreciated.
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

An aside note to this conversation.

If using DATAPAGE, a query can then be set up to filter STATS_COUNT for each cavity on your fixture.
                  Thanks to both of you guys for the info. Always appreciated.
                  Is this an 8-cavity production process to match the 8-station fixture or is it a 1-out producton process? If it is an 8-out prod-proc, you may want to sort them by cavity (which would be a tracefield in the program for each fixture station) and have each of the 8 parts be #1 in the stat count, so that the first time you run through the program, each is a #1 part, for each fixture station / produciton-process station, then sort by the tracefield, then the next time you run, you would get a #2 part for each and so on. Ya follow me? Then, if you have to check a 6-pc sample from each production/fixture station, you would then have #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 for station 1 and the same for station 2 and so on.
                  sigpic

Comment

Is this an 8-cavity production process to match the 8-station fixture or is it a 1-out producton process? If it is an 8-out prod-proc, you may want to sort them by cavity (which would be a tracefield in the program for each fixture station) and have each of the 8 parts be #1 in the stat count, so that the first time you run through the program, each is a #1 part, for each fixture station / produciton-process station, then sort by the tracefield, then the next time you run, you would get a #2 part for each and so on. Ya follow me? Then, if you have to check a 6-pc sample from each production/fixture station, you would then have #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 for station 1 and the same for station 2 and so on.
                    Yeah, its a 8 cavity die. Yeah I should put in the proper verbage to get a the cavity in there in case I need to skip. Haven't done the skip stuff yet because I wanted to make sure I had a handle on the looping stuff first and then go from there. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Well, has tech support assisted you yet??
                      sigpic
                      Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                      PCDMIS 2012
                      Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post
                        Well, has tech support assisted you yet??
                        My bad, they did call at 9:07 am cst. They will get back to me tomorrow?
                        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

My bad, they did call at 9:07 am cst. They will get back to me tomorrow?
                          So it took Matt 6 minutes and tech support 54 minutes and no answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                            So it took Matt 6 minutes and tech support 54 minutes and no answer.
                            I just report the facts.
                            I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
                            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment