File I/O question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File I/O question

I'm running 3.5 r2. I'm modifying an existing program, which has file output commands to an excel spreadsheet. All the dimensions are profiles, but I need to output a distance dimenision. Can it be done?

Thanks

Post some code for your Output Commands.

Not sure what they are doing exactly, but it sounds interesting enough.
    Mr. Comment
    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
    B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maciekdp View Post
      I'm running 3.5 r2. I'm modifying an existing program, which has file output commands to an excel spreadsheet. All the dimensions are profiles, but I need to output a distance dimenision. Can it be done?

Thanks
      MrComment is right, we won't know for sure until we see an example.

But, if they are outputting with File/IO commands, there's a good chance they are using variables to do so. An example of this (pseudo-code) would be

File/Write, PROF1.M

where PROF1.M is the profile from the dimension command. So, in theory, you would need only to change the object being report, to something like this -

File/Write, DIST1.M

Disclaimers: I do not have PC-DMIS running right now, so I can't check the syntax, that is why I said pseduo-code. It could be DIST1.Meas or some other extension, and of course the base name depends on your program program ID convention. Hopefully, you'll get the idea. In any case, if you post some (or all) of your program, we can be sure to provide a better answer.

Comment

Don,

yes, this is exactly what i needed to do. After posting the question I figured it out. it's ...dist1.meas+","

what's the + sign for?

Thanks!

Comment

The + is the syntax that allows you to concatenate strings together in PCDMIS.

Like this:

ASSIGN/V1 = "Hello" + " " + "World"

The computer will interpret V1 as:

"Hello World"

Even though it started as 3 seperate strings.
          Last edited by MrComment; 04-16-2007, 06:03 PM.
          Mr. Comment
          SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
          B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
          PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
          sigpic

Comment