Documentation errata.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documentation errata.

Not sure if this is the right place to post these things, please let me know if it's not.

PC-DMIS 4.1 Reference Manual (downloaded off internet)

Pg 30> "Getting Started: A Simple Tutorial" - Starting at step 11, the screen shot and options do not match the v4.1 software screens. Output screen appears not to match as well, but not certain since I cannot verify the options are the same. This is important.

Pg 31> Step 13 - File | Printing | Report Print Setup should be File | Printing | Report Window Print Setup. Not important.
    Pat McSwain
    President
    Quality Inspection, Corona CA

Well, time to start again from scratch. Tutorial program did not execute. It wants to move to Z=41" absolute which is probably an impossible number.

Need to inspect a part Monday with this, guess I will camping out here the weekend.
    Pat McSwain
    President
    Quality Inspection, Corona CA

Comment

Originally posted by Qinsp View Post
      Not sure if this is the right place to post these things, please let me know if it's not.

PC-DMIS 4.1 Reference Manual (downloaded off internet)

Pg 30> "Getting Started: A Simple Tutorial" - Starting at step 11, the screen shot and options do not match the v4.1 software screens. Output screen appears not to match as well, but not certain since I cannot verify the options are the same. This is important.

Pg 31> Step 13 - File | Printing | Report Print Setup should be File | Printing | Report Window Print Setup. Not important.
      Hi Qinsp. Thanks for bringing this up. As one of two tech writers here at WAI, I help maintain the documentation. In the future, if you or anyone else finds any problems in the documentation, please send info via our Feedback Form. From the Category list on the form choose the correct documentation set. In the Comments field, list chapter, topic title, and problem text and suggested fix (like you did here). It will then get routed to me and the other tech writer and one of us will fix it for the next version. Again, I appreciate the feedback.
      Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
      [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment