Saving Each and Every Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Each and Every Run

A while back there was a thread about saving the program after each run. I don't remember if it was ever "solved" and I can't find it. They wanted to save an executable copy of the program. I am not interested in that.

Here is what I am considering. If you go to file-print-edit window print while the edit window is displaying your program (not your report) it will print out the program exactly as you see it in the edit window. Now, how can I get it to do this automatically at the end of the run? If you insert a print command at the end and set it up to print, it will automatically print the report no matter what the view in the edit window.

I want to be able to do this so that I can record the measured values without actually having to dimension everthing. That way, if an engineer asks me (as they often do) "well what about this dimension?" when they didn't ask me to check that dimension, I don't have to go back, add the dimension and completely re-run the parts. Of course sometimes that might be easier but I'd still like to know how to do it.

BASIC script

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
    If you go to file-print-edit window print while the edit window is displaying your program (not your report) it will print out the program exactly as you see it in the edit window. Now, how can I get it to do this automatically at the end of the run?.
    A BASIC script comes to mind as a possible solution. Are you interested in that as an option? It does mean that you'd have to add a command to the end of every program to run the script. . .

Comment

• DBoncan
      DBoncan commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you provide a sample of the script that prints the entire Edit Window similar to the RTF output when pressing F4 and not using any print format? Thank you.

Originally posted by Don Ruggieri View Post
    ...It does mean that you'd have to add a command to the end of every program to run the script. . .
    I would suggest a script too.

You have a few options... as Don says you could create a VB script and insert that script at the end of each part program.

Or--here's what I would do--you could create a script that executes your part program and after executing prints out the Edit window contents and then tie that script to a custom toolbar icon. Then whenever you use that particular icon, it will execute and print your Edit window contents.
    Jared Hess - PC-DMIS Documentation Team Lead @ HMI
    [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Thanks guys. I don't think I'm going to mess around with this any more right now. Something to keep in mind for 'when I have time'

Comment

When you are done running the prorgam, it should go back into the Command Mode screen. Before you run the program again, set the edit print window setup to save to a file. Then print the edit window (F4) and you will have saved what you are looking for.

Comment