how to update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to update

I am running version 2016 and just realized with our corporate office that I have a maintenance agreement with Hexagon. How to I update to the latest version or replace mine? I know there is more past the one I have.

Go to help and click on check for updates and will check pull up the latest updates. Then you just install. If you want the newest software like 2018r2, Look for Jeffman on the forum. Hes the one that alerts everyone. Or look for Seamus.
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

Go to your settings editor and backup your settings. Then back up your programs, back up your probe files...backup backup backup!!

Go to: http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/public/PC...sions/Release/ for the releases. I suggest you stay away from 2018 R2 for now.

When the new version is installed, go back to settings editor and import your 2016 backup settings in the new installed version. After you update, you may need to tweak some search settings, toolbars, and what not. I would run a full calibration in the new software too.

Comment

You can also turn on the "read parameters from CMM" in the CMM setup window (or something like this...) , then reboot the controller and PC-DMIS, to ensure having the right parameters.

Comment

We have a SMA here as well. There should be emails somewhere with links to the newer versions, and we also get a thumb drive sent to us.

Comment

Or you can click on the SUPPORT/DOWNLOADS tab in the forum and it will redirect you to the hex support site. Then just search for the version you want.

Comment

• Darrollh
              Darrollh commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep! I forgot about that!

Or you could stick with the tested and almost bug free 2016 and avoid all the drama with 2018 R2. At least thats what im doing.

Comment

• EmilySue
              EmilySue commented
              Editing a comment
              The more I read here, the more I think this is a good idea for me as well! I am NOT very "computer savvy" and learning PCDMIS has enough going on... trying to re-learn how to fiddle with file locations, updates, settings, directories... makes me want to pull me hair out!

Another way...
            ftp://wilcoxassoc.com/PC-DMIS-Versions/Release/

Comment

My impression is that I could have my 2016 version and also the 2018 version installed, and choose which one to use for a given program. Is that correct? I REALLY don't want to install the updates and then lose 2016.

Comment

It's possible, but you have to create different folders for install, for probes, progs (...) , it allows choosing the version that you want with the right dlls and options...

Comment