Turn off Avoidance moves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn off Avoidance moves

Since upgrading to Pcdmis CAD++ 2018 R1 it seems that any auto feature created has "avoidance move - Both 10 " on as default.

Is there a setting to change this behaviour?

I've searched to no avail and all settings under Clearance moves are unticked.

Thanks
    Made in Essex

PC-DMIS CAD++ 2018 R1
    Dea Mistral
    Dea Global
    B&S Micro Xcel
    Faro Edge LL Scanner
    Polyworks

There is a toggle on the Movement tab of the autofeatures window that can be turned off/on and can also set the distance.

Comment

Untitled____.jpg
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I don't want it selected to start with. Like it used to be in 2015.
        Made in Essex

PC-DMIS CAD++ 2018 R1
        Dea Mistral
        Dea Global
        B&S Micro Xcel
        Faro Edge LL Scanner
        Polyworks

Comment

I think you have to on the 1st feature you create. The next features should follow the same parameters.

Comment

• drewk1
            drewk1 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what we do at the moment but sometimes someone will forget and then have to go through and change them all.

• Kp61dude!
            Kp61dude! commented
            Editing a comment
            Use different user profiles....

Since PC-DMIS 2017 (I think this is where "Measurement Strategies" graced us with it's unrequested, unwanted presence), the defaults are default, no matter how you change the defaults. No matter what you do in the measurement strategies. It's completely jacked. Worst "enhancement" (maybe tied with changing the icons, again, an unrequested, unwanted "enhancement".) Thanks Hexag00ns.
          "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

• drewk1
            drewk1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess your right and don't get me started on the awful icons.....

• vpt.se
            vpt.se commented
            Editing a comment
            The MSE should have been an option - active or inactive. But, it is the same story every release.

Avoidance move should not be the default setting!

Comment

I'm not at the CMM right now, but shouldn't that be part of the Measurement Strategies Editor?

Comment

Easy way to change them all is Copy parameters. You high light the code that has the parameters set the way you want them then right click. This brings up a list that has Copy parameters. Hit that option. Then high light the rest for your code and right click. Hit the paste parameters tab. Boom all fixed.

Comment

I love the Avoidance Move function... its like a reference plane on a CNC machine.

Comment

I don't mind if it's there if you want it, but why does it have to be the default? In my world it does more harm than good so I would rather turn it off and be done with it. And the icons are just awful, awful, awful.

Comment

I like it defaulted on. But not to 10...
                    "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

Edit>Preferences>Measurement Strategy Editor. Set defaults for practically everything relating to auto features there.

Comment

Originally posted by A-machine-insp View Post
                        Edit>Preferences>Measurement Strategy Editor. Set defaults for practically everything relating to auto features there.
                        Except it is useless to turn off the 8mm depth (or whatever it is) and the 7 hits for a AUTO FEATURE CIRCLE. You can change it, it changes back, every time. But, of course, that IS exactly what you want, right? The code monkeys made Pcdmis work that way because they know better than us.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by AndersI
                        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I'm using PC-DMIS 2016 and I was able to change some things for the measurement strategies including turning off avoidance move, but even when I turn off sample hits, it stays on with one hit.
                          And you can't change factory defaults, but you can create your own set and set the group as default.

One other thing I'll mention about changing the measurement strategies is be mindful that you have to change manual vs DCC separately and per probing system(Touch Trigger vs Scan) separately.
                          PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment