Looping probe rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looping probe rotation

Trying to measure a bolt hole pattern with thru holes at 50 degrees. The wrist is set to auto find the angle. However, the probe returns to A0,B0 before each rotation. This seems to happen because of the loop function.

Any suggestions?
    Robert Horne
    Va.

I think if you uncheck "Reset global settings when branching" under Edit/Preferences/Setup (F5) the probe will no longer rotate to the position before the LOOP.

Comment

This un-needed rotation thing has been a burr in my butt for many years. I got so sick and tired of seeing Pcdmis un-seat and re-seat the probe when running a program that uses the same probe all the way through, has no probe rotations in the program AT ALL, but still, Pcdmis isn't smart enough to 'see' what angle it is at BEFORE it tries to change TO THAT VERY SAME ANGLE and I stopped watching and hoping for ANY kind of 'solution' from Wilcox. I mean really, I KNOW for a fact that Pcdmis can 'see' what angle the head is at, I am sure we have ALL noticed this at one time or another, even if we didn't realize it at the time. How many time have you gone into a nre program, made a new probe file and noticed that Pcdmis automatically added an angle to the probe file that the head was already rotated to? So I know it can 'see' this information, they choose not to use it in a constructive way.

That being said:

Is this tip it rotates to the first tip in the program, in the manual section? Have you tried MARK ALL - NO MANUAL ALIGNMENT and see if it stays UNMARKED when you run the program?
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks

I program offline and neve use manual alignments. The operators are inn DCC mode from start to finish.
        Robert Horne
        Va.

Comment