Manual mode retract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual mode retract?

We have a new B&S Global Performance 12*15*10 with PCDMIS 4.1.

In joystick mode, the probe will not retract after taking a hit. All our other DCC machines (Mitu's) will do so.

Changing retract variable has no effect.

Is there a fix?
    Pat McSwain
    President
    Quality Inspection, Corona CA

command of "manretract"and whatever value you wishafter it

MANRETRACT/0.05 (INCHES) will do the trick
    prehit and retract are for DCC only
    Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
    sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
    Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

I just started working with the software today.

How do I enter this MANRETRACT/0.05 command?
      Pat McSwain
      President

Comment

this can be the first command line before doing anything else in your program'

just put the cursor on the last line of the "header" stuff, should be the probe position callout

hit the enter key on the keyboard, this will put the cursor on a "new" line

start typing the command name "manretract" (without the quote marks)

it will try to anticipate what you are typing

after typing manretract hit the tab key on the keyboard and now you need to input a value

thats it
        other commands can be entered in the same way, you will learn this as you progress

good luck
        bob
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

Well, it was worth a shot, but it appears the controller might not support it. It took the command, but would not retract in either learn mode or execute mode.

No biggie, just something I will have to get used to.
          Pat McSwain
          President

Comment

Not all controllers allow this, if it doesn't do it 'by itself' without YOU putting any value or changing any setting in Pcdmis, then the controller does not support it.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I had no idea that was an option. Would be cool to have sometimes but others I could see it being problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                I had no idea that was an option. Would be cool to have sometimes but others I could see it being problematic.
                The biggest problem I would have with it is I move my hands faster than the machine sometimes. I will move in for a manual hit and start moving back from the hit even before the machine touches, but with my heavy machine, it will still be moving in the direction of the touch, but if the controller is trying to move the OTHER way (my retract) it will think that was the direction of the touch and thus the retract would be into the part. CRUNCH! I know I sould probably slow down, but who has the time for that? Then, when this happens to me (I have no auto-manual-retract) I have to do that thing with the controller, press the RUN/HOLD, the press-and-hold the RUN/HOLD so I can make it move in whatever direction I need to move it in.
                sigpic
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                  Then, when this happens to me (I have no auto-manual-retract) I have to do that thing with the controller, press the RUN/HOLD, the press-and-hold the RUN/HOLD so I can make it move in whatever direction I need to move it in.
                  I think you are talking about when it gets stuck. I alway just pop a tp20 module on the side of the one attached to the tp20. The magnet turns on the light and I can move whatever direction I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                    I think you are talking about when it gets stuck. I alway just pop a tp20 module on the side of the one attached to the tp20. The magnet turns on the light and I can move whatever direction I want.
                    Well, I am still operating in the dark-ages, PH9 and TP2.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, I am still operating in the dark-ages, PH9 and TP2.
                      Dark ages is the TP6. I'm still using one of those that I got from one of the retirees about 8 years ago...
                      sigpic
                      Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                      PCDMIS 2012
                      Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post
                        Dark ages is the TP6. I'm still using one of those that I got from one of the retirees about 8 years ago...
                        OH YEAH? Well, I have a PORTAGE TABLE with scribes. Only 1 axis read-out still works, to get X values, you have to plug the X into the one working readout, then to get y, you plug the Y into it, and the same for Z. No beeps, no bops, no boinks, all hand cranked. Oh, and I know how to use a PI tape, too! SO THERE!
                        sigpic

Comment

no boinks
                          Sorry buddy. Maybe her headache will be gone next week?

Comment

I maily use this command when picking up small holes for an iterative alignment, when there is not alot of room for the probe to "bounce" back
                            sigpic

Comment

We have a couple of TP1's in the cabinet.

Hard probes? Got 'em!

Anyhow, just need to get used to it. Salesman had told us it would retract, but just had to change a variable. Hmmm...
                              Pat McSwain
                              President

Comment