Can't find my part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find my part

I haven't seen anyone else having this problem so maybe someone can help. My fixture got "Bumped" so I started my program in manual mode until I've got my one plane, one line, and one pint to do my alignment. Then I switch to DCC mode and it can't find my part.

How do I get it to re-align the hits with the new alignment?

Originally posted by cmm er View Post
    I haven't seen anyone else having this problem so maybe someone can help. My fixture got "Bumped" so I started my program in manual mode until I've got my one plane, one line, and one pint to do my alignment. Then I switch to DCC mode and it can't find my part.

How do I get it to re-align the hits with the new alignment?
    I smell your problem in your alignment
    You will need to rid yourself of the "pint" and try using just a point instead.
    Maybe then your CMM won't have a problem finding its way to the part.

LOL

just had to do it !
    Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
    sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
    Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Just a hunch

Bob's humor aside, I suspect he's right. If a manual alignment doesn't relocate your part, then it wasn't properly locating your part to begin with. The program (as it was written) would only work for that one position. You didn't post it so we can't analyze it, but it was probably just working in machine coordinate for whatever axes or orienation was not fully defined with the part coordinate alignment. . .

Just a hunch

Comment

You were using a pint of beer? Try Whiskey, it is better than most things and makes these kind of problems easier to handle.
        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
          You were using a pint of beer? Try Whiskey, it is better than most things and makes these kind of problems easier to handle.
          I was going to recommend trying a quart instead but I can't handle my whiskey...
          sigpic
          Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
          PCDMIS 2012
          Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by Don Ruggieri View Post
            Bob's humor aside, I suspect he's right. If a manual alignment doesn't relocate your part, then it wasn't properly locating your part to begin with. The program (as it was written) would only work for that one position. You didn't post it so we can't analyze it, but it was probably just working in machine coordinate for whatever axes or orienation was not fully defined with the part coordinate alignment. . .

Just a hunch
            Jokes aside, Don's probably right on here...
            sigpic
            Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
            PCDMIS 2012
            Windows Office XP

Comment