April 2007 Wish list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 2007 Wish list

Add your ideas new or old that you would like to see add or changed in a new PC DMIS RELEASE.

I'd like to have HOT KEYS. Key/TOOLBAR BUTTONS That we can program. I know we can build macro's but they are slower than doing things over and over. I use Comments for each dimension that I output. I use control copy and paste but, any time I use copy for any thing else I have to do it again. If we had say 6 HOT KEYS programing would go much faster. At least for me it would.

Comment

Originally posted by Tested View Post
      I'd like to have HOT KEYS. Key/TOOLBAR BUTTONS That we can program. I know we can build macro's but they are slower than doing things over and over. I use Comments for each dimension that I output. I use control copy and paste but, any time I use copy for any thing else I have to do it again. If we had say 6 HOT KEYS programing would go much faster. At least for me it would.
      So, say for instance you want to add a key that will execute the program from the little red arrow which indicates "start point" you could. Is that what you want to do? Because you can do it now.

Comment

Id like to be able to Copy and Paste a PCDMIS program from a text file or the clipboard without having the original open first. Similarly to most other programming languages like VB.

I'll never get it though, cause I wouldnt necessarly need an offline license to write PCDMIS programs any longer.
        Mr. Comment
        SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
        B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
        PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
        sigpic

Comment

Hot Keys

You can aleady do this, I have comments as ALT-R
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
            So, say for instance you want to add a key that will execute the program from the little red arrow which indicates "start point" you could. Is that what you want to do? Because you can do it now.
            NO...

Comment

The ability to change a program from online to offline.

Comment

NO...
                Well, that was just an example but you can edit keyboard commands to be whatever you like. You can also create toolbar buttons but I haven't played around with that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                  You can also create toolbar buttons but I haven't played around with that much.
                  If anyone is interested, some demos I made on how to create toolbar buttons etc have been on the Wilcox site since 3.5. See http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/Versions/v35.htm#demos

In addition, some other things that might help:
                  • All available shortcut keys are discussed in the "Using Shortcut Keys and Shortcut Menus" section of the help file/manual.
                  • You can assign new shortcut keys for any menu item that does not already have a shortcut key.
                  • You can create your own VB scripts and assign shortcut keys to them.
                  Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
                  [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                    You can aleady do this, I have comments as ALT-R
                    Unless I'm missing something that's not what I want at all. I want it not only place a COMMENT into my program I also want it to fill it in i.e.

COMMENT/REPT,############################# ITEM #16
                    COMMENT/REPT,############################# ITEM #17
                    of corse I'll add the 16, 17

Comment

Would like to see an option in Auto Features for moving to a target number instead of nominals. In many instances when programming a feature, you fine tune how the cmm measures, either adjusting a depth, starting/ending angle, etc etc and desired feature is not where it is suppose to be. When fine tuning, it would be nice to be able to move to the target numbers instead of the nominals for optimum accuracy.
                      Would this be possible?

Comment

Originally posted by firehaus View Post
                        Would like to see an option in Auto Features for moving to a target number instead of nominals. In many instances when programming a feature, you fine tune how the cmm measures, either adjusting a depth, starting/ending angle, etc etc and desired feature is not where it is suppose to be. When fine tuning, it would be nice to be able to move to the target numbers instead of the nominals for optimum accuracy.
                        Would this be possible?
                        If I'm following correctly V4.1 I know you can F9 and adjust any of these. one point at a time. Start and end, even your sample hits.

Comment

If I'm following correctly V4.1 I know you can F9 and adjust any of these. one point at a time. Start and end, even your sample hits.
                          You can also use REMEAS, which will then re-measure the feature at the location it JUST measured it at, giving you the best accuracy possible.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by AndersI
                          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                            You can also use REMEAS, which will then re-measure the feature at the location it JUST measured it at, giving you the best accuracy possible.
                            That has it's limits also. Say a hole is is on a really contured surface in very thin stock, or tight to another feature. What you need before any re-measure is to fine tune the hits.

Comment

That has it's limits also. Say a hole is is on a really contured surface in very thin stock, or tight to another feature. What you need before any re-measure is to fine tune the hits.
                              You also have the option of READ POS, which will prompt you, the operator, to place the probe at the 'center' of the hole, it will then use THOSE values as the target value *and it also works when making the program, as far as I know) and of saving the measured value as the target values for the next part. However, if you have the part 'stable' (meaning the hole will be in the same place next time too), you can turn off READ POS after you program and as far as I know, the target values will stay the same, they won't jump back to nominal.

But, I do disagree about fine-tuning the hits before you do re-meas. The 'perect' answer that you want to get from the CMM will not be different by much between the 'first' measurement and the re-meas, but there will be a difference. As long as the probe does NOT trigger a false hit (or shank-out), the initial 'go-round' will be more than accurate for the re-meas to give those 'prefect' answers you are looking for. When you add in the READ-POS, there should not be ANY other operator involvement required, ever.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by AndersI
                              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment