Marked Sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marked Sets

I am new to this one. I just created a Marked Set in a program I am running that will measure just some holes. I got it to work fine. The problem is that when it finished running, I got a message about an no output . I need the report to print. I think that is why I got the message. The report did not print. Do I need to put in a print command?

Thanks

3.5MR2

I have added a print command and it is now printing the report. I still am getting the message. Here is a screen shot of the message. I have gone into the print scren and the send to print button is checked.
    Last edited by B. Jacobs; 04-02-2008, 09:24 AM.
    B. Jacobs
    B&S Global 12.15.10

Your dimensions need to be in your marked set I believe
    sigpic

B&S Global 544
    Using 3.7mr3

Peace
    Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

I believe they are. I followed the Help files on how to do the marked sets. I unmarked the program, created a new marked set, opened the marked set window, then went into the edit window and marked all the features I needed to check for that set, also marking the dimesions for the feature.
      B. Jacobs
      B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment

Do you lock the mark sets so they do not get accidentally changed? Go to Setup Options and under General scroll down and select “Lock Marked Sets”. This has saved me a lot of head aches.
        B & S XCEL 7-10-7
        Sharpe32 Controller
        PH10MQ & ACR1 Toolchanger
        TP20 & TP2 Probes
        Pcdmis CAD++ 3.7mr3, 4.3mr1, 2009mr1, 2010mr1
        Datapage RT 3.33
        sigpic

Comment

I used marked sets regularly and run into problems printing. You need to insert a print command in your marked set if you need to print everytime the program runs. If not look in your marked set window and go to the PRINT FULL REPORT set making sure your dimensions are marked in this set.

Also, if you want to print to .PDF files use a freebie .PDF generator instead of PC-DMIS's .PDF feature. You will get better results. I use Cute PDF Writer easily found with a Google search.

HTH.
          Perry
          B&S Mistral
          3.207 Beta on XP

Older'n dirt

Comment

Originally posted by B. Jacobs View Post
            I am new to this one. I just created a Marked Set in a program I am running that will measure just some holes. I got it to work fine. The problem is that when it finished running, I got a message about an no output . I need the report to print. I think that is why I got the message. The report did not print. Do I need to put in a print command?

Thanks

3.5MR2

I have added a print command and it is now printing the report. I still am getting the message. Here is a screen shot of the message. I have gone into the print scren and the send to print button is checked.
            I take it you added the print command by going to insert - report command - print command? Did you go to the file menu and make sure the printing options there are turned off?

If you had the file menu stuff turned on and it was kicking out the error, and you added a command to the program but didn't remove the file menu stuff, you would still get an error from the file menu stuff but the print command in the program would print your report.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
              I take it you added the print command by going to insert - report command - print command? Did you go to the file menu and make sure the printing options there are turned off?

If you had the file menu stuff turned on and it was kicking out the error, and you added a command to the program but didn't remove the file menu stuff, you would still get an error from the file menu stuff but the print command in the program would print your report.
              I did add the print command like you stated. I have not unchecked the printing file stuff. I will do that as soon as I get back to that part. I will let you know.
              Thanks
              B. Jacobs
              B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment

Update

OK here is where I am at with this. I have got it working fine now.
                What I did was turned off the printer in the printer file and put in a print command at the end of the program. I now have 5 marked Sets for this part and they all run fine. They all print at the end and all is well.

Thanks a bunch for the help.

You may now hijack away!!
                B. Jacobs
                B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment