Edit Window Print Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Window Print Setup

Alright, I must be having some sort of brain fart here. I've been saving part reports using

Send Edit Window Output to:

File

Prompt

This morning however, the prompt window is not coming up to allow me to save the report. It's been working fine up to this point. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Has it been set to auto, or turned off?

Comment

It's not set to auto. I've set it to prompt so that I can make changes to the file name as needed. It's been working fine on prompt up to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by gcunniff View Post
        Alright, I must be having some sort of brain fart here. I've been saving part reports using

Send Edit Window Output to:

File

Prompt

This morning however, the prompt window is not coming up to allow me to save the report. It's been working fine up to this point. Any ideas what might be causing this?
        Are you setting this up in the file menu or are you inserting a print command at the end of the program? Have you checked to ensure that it is set up as you want?

I insert a print command at the end of the program BTW. If you use the one in the file menu, it seems to have a mind of its own. There is probably some logic behind it but I can't figure it out. For example, if you turn on printing in the file menu for a program and save the program and then close the program. All is good right. Now start a new program. Those same printing setups are carried into the new program whether you want them or not. Now that I could live with. Here is where I have problems. I have an existing program that is set up to not print. Now I write a new program and tell it to print through the file menu. I close the printing program and open the non printing program. Sometimes - not always - the non printing program will now be set up to print. So, anyway, if you don't use the file menu and insert the print command at the end of the program, it will always be the way you want it no matter how many other programs you open or close.

Comment

Yep....I am using the file menu. I will insert the print command, per your advice. I don't have time to be arsing around!

Comment

Originally posted by gcunniff View Post
            Yep....I am using the file menu. I will insert the print command, per your advice. I don't have time to be arsing around!
            Just go to Insert-Report Command-Print Command. Then, place your cursor in the print command and hit F9. A window like you are used to will pop up. Fill it out as you like, click ok, and save your program. Good to go!

Comment