Reimporting a model

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reimporting a model

I have a program that works fine, engineers changed solid model, I reimported the solid model, now all my featrues are off in space. Any thoughts on how to correct this. I need to take new hits on a feature that was missed. PC-DMIS CAD++ 2014.1

Thanks for any help.
    Dennis G............Don't worry Wilson! I'll do all the paddling! You just hang on!---Castaway

Import the model with the exact same coordinate system that was on the 1st model.

Comment

The origin on your new model needs to be in the same place it was on the old model. You need to figure out where it was and then move it either with the "Translate" tool in PC-DMIS or with a CAD software like Solidworks, Creo, etc.

Comment

I got this from another post on here that I don't care to search for....

Go to:

EDIT | GRAPHIC DISPLAY WINDOW | CAD ASSEMBLY

then

Right Click Top Level CAD on tree | Replace Component | Import

then

Select your CAD file and when the file is imported it will 'come in' with the same offsets you had on your old CAD.
        PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
        Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

• Kp61dude!
          Kp61dude! commented
          Editing a comment
          Might be too late for you as you already imported a new CAD overwriting the 'good' offsets, therefore the method I mentioned will probably not work for you now.

Go to Operation -> Graphics Display Window -> Transform

Then make your offsets until your new model is located in the same place as your last model.

Comment

• Kp61dude!
          Kp61dude! commented
          Editing a comment
          Use vector point to guide you.

Check out Edit>Graphics Display Window>CAD Coordinate Systems. May there be multiple Origins? I get a lot of models that include the fixture, and it's always hit or miss whether I get it with the actual part origin as the default.

I used to take all sorts of vector points (offline) and the Transform the model according to their results, but I recently came upon a crazy Airfoil with perfectly prismatic Datum features, but with an Origin that is tweaked at compound angles and offset from the Level Datum (Origin is actually within the part, so you can't 'touch' it...). I was delighted to find that the solution was as simple as selecting the actual part Origin from that above mentioned list.

Comment