Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMM CAD models

Hello boys.
    I know some of you (if not most of you) will find my question a bit odd but hey-ho...
    So... Is there a place where i can download the CAD models for my machines so i can import them in PC DMIS?
    I have a Global Advantage 12.22.10 , Global Advantage Silver edition 09.12.08 , Global Advantage Shop Floor 09.12.08 and a Brown&Sharpe Mistral 07.07.05

Look in your PC-DMIS install directory, there should be a folder named "Models". That folder contains the available CMM models (not CAD though) that you can import into PC-DMIS (as a machine).
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o18 R2 SP2

Comment

• vlmitkov
      vlmitkov commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh... so im not importing the machines as CAD... OK... I stand corrected. Thank you for the help.
      Now all that is left is to find out how exactly do i import the machine

• RandomJerk
      RandomJerk commented
      Editing a comment
      vlmitkov - go to Insert...Hardware Definition...Machine, then you'll be able to select your machine and insert it. You'll also want to learn how to use Quick Fixture mode.

Thx for the help lads

Comment

Where can I get a model of a machine if its not on the list? Am I crap out of luck?

Comment

• vlmitkov
        vlmitkov commented
        Editing a comment
        Try to load and check the models of the machines in the PC DMIS and see if those that are close to the model of the one you have actually match... one of my machines was listed as Global B even tho its Global Advantage Silver Edition... What i mean is that your machines might be actually there in the list and be named differently than their actual names

• Tinyfxds
        Tinyfxds commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't even see the size of my machine listed. Global Image 777. I don't see anything with a 777 listed on it or a 555 which is the size of the three other cmms we have. Unless I'm looking at this wrong??

Check out the Help files on how to Selecting or Creating a New Animated Machine for Display. Once you have created a custom machine you can then adjust the virtual machine within the usermachine.dat file.
      Example: you can measure the actual machine volume and calculate center of the machine. Then adjust the virtual machine data in the usermachine.dat file to match the actual machine. This way the virtual machine perfectly matches your actual machine.

Comment

I’ve fooled around with this a bit along with some fixturing stuff included with dmis. Has anyone found using the actual machine useful? I guess for parameter purposes maybe? I just use a tape measure

Comment

• anthony.alfaro
          anthony.alfaro commented
          Editing a comment
          mainly used for probe path definition and programming offline for collision detection.

I have used the machine profile only a few times. As for the fixturing, I normally do the fixturing outside of PC-DMIS using a CAD software. I design the fixturing and then import the fixture and part into PC-DMIS.
        Darroll

Comment