Hexagon, an auto Feature I could use...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hexagon, an auto Feature I could use...

It would be great if the powers that be at hexagon would incorporate into a future release of PC-DMIS an AUTO HEX feature. I just got thru measuring a external hex feature (.156" +.000/-.002) by taking three hits per side, creating lines from those side hits, then inscribing a circle into those lines, all so that I could establish an A-datum on the hex. It seem that an auto hex feature could be incorporated to make this a less cumbersome task. Is this too much to ask? Am I being unrealistic?
    ** "Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"~ Ulysses Everett McGill **

Originally posted by d.evans View Post
    It would be great if the powers that be at hexagon would incorporate into a future release of PC-DMIS an AUTO HEX feature. I just got thru measuring a external hex feature (.156" +.000/-.002) by taking three hits per side, creating lines from those side hits, then inscribing a circle into those lines, all so that I could establish an A-datum on the hex. It seem that an auto hex feature could be incorporated to make this a less cumbersome task. Is this too much to ask? Am I being unrealistic?
    If I'm not mistaken AUTO-POLYGON is offered in 4.0 and up. I found references to it but I haven't used it since 4.0, I think it is still in there.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

James is correct. AutoPolygon is available in V40 on. You can choose the number of sides (6), hits per side (3), a corner radius, inside/outside, sample hits, find hole, etc. -Glenn

Comment

thanks for the FYI

I didn't know that they had added that in. I'm still using 3.7MR3; waiting for 4.2.
        ** "Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"~ Ulysses Everett McGill **

Comment

Yes. The polygon auto feature was added in version 4.0 and above. Here's a screenshot I uploaded to this post when it was brought up before: http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showpost....0&postcount=24
          Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
          [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Hi,

I'm trying to tweak my program with the auto feature. I have four threaded holes that I'm trying to tweak, so the probe won't hit the part. Can someone tell me what would be the best way to tweak my program, so I won't need to redo my steps?

Thank you.

Comment

did you set a pitch in the auto feature box
              sigpic
              if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by d.evans View Post
                I didn't know that they had added that in. I'm still using 3.7MR3; waiting for 4.2.
                Why are you waiting for 4.2? What do you mean?
                sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
                  Why are you waiting for 4.2? What do you mean?
                  I think he means, as recommended by leading 4heads everywhere, that anyone who has not made the jump yet, wait for 4.2MR2, as 4.2MR1 still has some known enhancements they might not appreciate.
                  sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

G'day Folks,

Here is another idea, that I would like to see; Internal Corners.

I have had a need for this several times in the past. When using version 3.7mr3, I was told that I should be able to use the corner function and alter the vectors.

That did not ever work.

Blesssings,
                    ZydecoPete
                    sigpic

Comment

I still want to be able to pick a feature from CAD, primarily a plane, and make it a GENERIC feature that doesn't get measured.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by qalabuser View Post
                        Hi,

I'm trying to tweak my program with the auto feature. I have four threaded holes that I'm trying to tweak, so the probe won't hit the part. Can someone tell me what would be the best way to tweak my program, so I won't need to redo my steps?

Thank you.
                        OK now that this thread has been resuscitated I think you might be looking for move clear plane perhaps. What do you mean by not hit the part? Do you have fly mode on and is it hitting while entering the feature or are you talking about avoiding hitting between features?
                        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment