Hexagon, an auto Feature I could use...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hexagon, an auto Feature I could use...

    It would be great if the powers that be at hexagon would incorporate into a future release of PC-DMIS an AUTO HEX feature. I just got thru measuring a external hex feature (.156" +.000/-.002) by taking three hits per side, creating lines from those side hits, then inscribing a circle into those lines, all so that I could establish an A-datum on the hex. It seem that an auto hex feature could be incorporated to make this a less cumbersome task. Is this too much to ask? Am I being unrealistic?
    ** "Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"~ Ulysses Everett McGill **

  • #2
    Originally posted by d.evans View Post
    It would be great if the powers that be at hexagon would incorporate into a future release of PC-DMIS an AUTO HEX feature. I just got thru measuring a external hex feature (.156" +.000/-.002) by taking three hits per side, creating lines from those side hits, then inscribing a circle into those lines, all so that I could establish an A-datum on the hex. It seem that an auto hex feature could be incorporated to make this a less cumbersome task. Is this too much to ask? Am I being unrealistic?
    If I'm not mistaken AUTO-POLYGON is offered in 4.0 and up. I found references to it but I haven't used it since 4.0, I think it is still in there.
    sigpic

    James Mannes

    Comment


    • #3
      James is correct. AutoPolygon is available in V40 on. You can choose the number of sides (6), hits per side (3), a corner radius, inside/outside, sample hits, find hole, etc. -Glenn

      Comment


      • #4
        thanks for the FYI

        I didn't know that they had added that in. I'm still using 3.7MR3; waiting for 4.2.
        ** "Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"~ Ulysses Everett McGill **

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes. The polygon auto feature was added in version 4.0 and above. Here's a screenshot I uploaded to this post when it was brought up before: http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showpost....0&postcount=24
          Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
          [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi,

            I'm trying to tweak my program with the auto feature. I have four threaded holes that I'm trying to tweak, so the probe won't hit the part. Can someone tell me what would be the best way to tweak my program, so I won't need to redo my steps?

            Thank you.

            Comment


            • #7
              did you set a pitch in the auto feature box
              sigpic
              if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by d.evans View Post
                I didn't know that they had added that in. I'm still using 3.7MR3; waiting for 4.2.
                Why are you waiting for 4.2? What do you mean?
                sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
                  Why are you waiting for 4.2? What do you mean?
                  I think he means, as recommended by leading 4heads everywhere, that anyone who has not made the jump yet, wait for 4.2MR2, as 4.2MR1 still has some known enhancements they might not appreciate.
                  sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    G'day Folks,

                    Here is another idea, that I would like to see; Internal Corners.

                    I have had a need for this several times in the past. When using version 3.7mr3, I was told that I should be able to use the corner function and alter the vectors.

                    That did not ever work.

                    Blesssings,
                    ZydecoPete
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I still want to be able to pick a feature from CAD, primarily a plane, and make it a GENERIC feature that doesn't get measured.

                      Bill

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by qalabuser View Post
                        Hi,

                        I'm trying to tweak my program with the auto feature. I have four threaded holes that I'm trying to tweak, so the probe won't hit the part. Can someone tell me what would be the best way to tweak my program, so I won't need to redo my steps?

                        Thank you.
                        OK now that this thread has been resuscitated I think you might be looking for move clear plane perhaps. What do you mean by not hit the part? Do you have fly mode on and is it hitting while entering the feature or are you talking about avoiding hitting between features?
                        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

                        Comment

                        Related Topics

                        Collapse

                        • claude.bunch@paceind.com
                          too many points for auto feature
                          by [email protected]
                          I have made a 3 point plan on a cad model using the auto feature, when i run the program after taking 3 points it wants more points, and i can not end...
                          12-29-2014, 04:31 PM
                        • pniven
                          Auto Feature no cad
                          by pniven
                          PHP Code:
                          [HTML]Help File[/HTML]
                          Without using CAD Data for an Auto Circle
                          To generate the circle without the 
                          use of CAD data:

                          Take three hits on 
                          ...
                          05-20-2008, 11:34 AM
                        • Jace7420
                          Equally Space Hits
                          by Jace7420
                          I have a part with 40+ holes that I just took 3 hits on each hole as to quickly program it. I went back and changed the hits to 5 hits, but i didn't...
                          11-18-2008, 07:06 AM
                        • jeep26
                          question
                          by jeep26
                          Is it possible to do this?

                          I want to measure a circle with auto feature and take 10 hits. Say one one of the hits are bad (burr). Can PCDMIS...
                          01-28-2010, 06:21 PM
                        • SuperB
                          measuring a circle
                          by SuperB
                          hello all---having a BRAIN CLOUD---- when measuring a circle in Pcdmis i have been told that the larger the DIA. the more more hits you want to take....
                          11-07-2013, 11:59 AM
                        Working...
                        X