Display and Label, Default Off Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display and Label, Default Off Option?

Anyone know if there is there a PCDMIS or VB command line syntax for making a Feature's Display and/or Label property turn off. Or even better yet, all newly created Features to not display themselves or their Labels by default.

I figured out not too surprisingly that if I keep turning off the feature's Display and Label properties by using the dialog box method that the program will execute as fast as normal (instead of the CPU usage eventually dropping out the longer the program gets), even if the Graphics Display is turned off.

I have a program that generates 1000's of Generic Features, but the app keeps slowing down the more it creates because of all the graphical crap in the background. Speed is restored if I can keep the features from displaying all together.
    Mr. Comment
    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
    B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
    sigpic

Not sure were but i would think it would be in the settings editor in the main directory ???
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

What if you just closed the window?
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Closing the Graphics Window helps alot, but the software still begins to slow down after the next 600 features or so have been created. As the Subroutine continues to make new Features (being Executed from Excel) I can still access the Edit Feature Appearance Dialog box during execution and turn the Display and Labels Off for the newly created Features (Which I cant see on the screen anyway, because the Graphics Display Window is closed) doing so the execution and creation of new features still being executed from Excel speeds right back up.

What I would like better however would be a command setting I could send to PCDMIS to tell it not to try to display these features in the first place. I could then execute the subroutine unattended. Currently if left unattended the subroutine will slow down to a snail's pace, taking hours to complete.
        Last edited by MrComment; 04-10-2007, 06:44 PM.
        Mr. Comment
        SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
        B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
        PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
        sigpic

Comment

When I am measuring multiple parts I will re-name the cad file so it does not open when I go to measure parts. I have had up to 25 percent decrease in program cycle time depending on size of program.

Another method I use is creating a view with no labels at start of program and the labels remain off during program execution.

Kevin
          B & S XCEL 7-10-7
          Sharpe32 Controller
          PH10MQ & ACR1 Toolchanger
          TP20 & TP2 Probes
          Pcdmis CAD++ 3.7mr3, 4.3mr1, 2009mr1, 2010mr1
          Datapage RT 3.33
          sigpic

Comment