What parts of the analog modules require a lower level matrix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What parts of the analog modules require a lower level matrix?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the scanning aspect of the CMM world and I took the calibration course and know how to properly calibrate our probes, my question is about which part of the probe body requires a lower level matrix calibration? we us renishaw SP25M and alternate between a SM25-2 and SM25-1 for our different probes. Is it just the SP25M that requires a lower matrix cal or each of the modules?

I too am curious as I have a spare LSP body sitting on a Tesa R rack I'd like to park a probe on. My theory is that you can't have more than one device do a lower matrix cal.
    PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
    Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

The lower matrix calculates the orientation of the probe frome the cmm axes.
      I've been told that the SP25 doesn't use it, because of its own construction.
      If you look at the link below, there's no value in SP6MTX for the SP25, that should confirm there's no lower matrix for this probe.

ftp://wilcoxassoc.com/docs/FilesInHe...B%20Params.pdf

Kp61dude! : If you look at the setting editor, you can see that there are a matrix for different probes (LSPX1H, M... SP600, SP80,LSPX5...)
      The matrix is send from the PC to the controller by PC-DMIS when you say which probe you're using. If you've got the same probe with 2 units, I think it can't works well.

Comment

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
        The lower matrix calculates the orientation of the probe frome the cmm axes.
        I've been told that the SP25 doesn't use it, because of its own construction.
        If you look at the link below, there's no value in SP6MTX for the SP25, that should confirm there's no lower matrix for this probe.

ftp://wilcoxassoc.com/docs/FilesInHe...B%20Params.pdf

Kp61dude! : If you look at the setting editor, you can see that there are a matrix for different probes (LSPX1H, M... SP600, SP80,LSPX5...)
        The matrix is send from the PC to the controller by PC-DMIS when you say which probe you're using. If you've got the same probe with 2 units, I think it can't works well.
        2 of the same is my case. Tried it once and CMM acts very strange almost unusable. I remember now NO it does not work (with 2 LSP units).
        PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
        Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

Sp25 make his llm while you calibrate your tips. Its a part of calibration.

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X