Force FindNoms in a different Alignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force FindNoms in a different Alignment?

I got a problem I'm trying to find a solution to.

I attached a couple of pictures to try to help explain.

I have to scan some features in a different alignment then what I have to measure all of the points in the scan relative to. In the first picture the Scan's "Findnoms" function finds the closest CAD nominal relative to the alignment the CAD was in when the Scan executes, which I'd expect this. However after I change to the final alignment where I expect to export all of data points out to. I noticed that the Theo value is no longer valid (reference the second picture). So what I want to do is force all of the points to do a "Findnoms" in this second alignment, because the first Findnoms is actually unimportant to me. (Im using v4.1 in this program)
    Last edited by MrComment; 04-17-2007, 11:36 AM.
    Mr. Comment
    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
    B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
    sigpic

Did you try your easy button? Sorry I can't help But i'm interested in the solution also.
    Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

Unless your scan is part of the 'final' alignment, I would put it after the final alignment, not before.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Matt your right, thats one option.

My parts deviate significantly from the CAD though, and also over the entire surface of the feature to. Therefore I have to pickup on other features to temporarly align to before I starting measuring to keep the CMM off of the features I dont want.

If my Scans had Target values which I could input I might be able to do what you suggested.
        Mr. Comment
        SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
        B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
        PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
        sigpic

Comment